MCQ's Geography Class 8th NCERT Presented By: Avanish Utsav
About me B.Tech in ECE from AKTU Founder at TheToppersway.com Loves teaching, Blogging, poetry and Music Loves teaching. Blogging. poetry and Music Follow me on Unacademy at: https://unacademy.com/user/avanishutsav
1) Select the activities which are primary activity: 1. Fishing 2. Agriculture 3. Manufacturing of steel 4. Communication Services Select the correct option a) 1 only b) 2 and 4 c) 1 and 2 d) All of the above
Ans: C Primary activities include all those connected with extraction and production of natural resources. e.g Agriculture, fishing and gathering.
2) Which of the following activities are secondary activities: 1. Viticulture 2. Baking of Bread 3. Weaving of clothes 4. Manufacturing of steel Select the correct option a) 1 only b) 2,3 and 4 c) Only4 d) None of these
Ans: B Viticulture( grapes farming ) is a primary activity
3) Select the correct statements Primary activities are all those connected with extraction and production of natural resource. 1. 2. Secondary activities are concerned with the processing of natural resources. Tertiary activities produce support to the primary and secondary sector through services. 3. 4. Transport, trade, banking and insurance are tertiary activities. Correct options are a) 1, 2 and 3 b) 1 and 2 c) Only 2 d) All of the above
Ans: D Self Explanatory
4) Match the following 1) Agriculture 2) Sericulture 3) Pisciculture 4) Viticulture 5) Horticulture a) Commercial rearing of silkworm b) Breeding of fish in tanks and ponds c) Growing of vegetables, flowers and fruits d) Cultivation of grapes e) Cultivation in soil and raising crops Select the correctly matched option: a) 1-b, 2-c, 3-a, 4-e, 5-d b) 1-a, 2-e, 3-d, 4-b, 5-c c) 1-e, 2-a, 3-b, 4-d, 5-c d) 1-c, 2-b, 3-a, 4-d, 5-e
Ans: C 1) Agriculture 2) Sericulture 3) Pisciculture 4) Viticulture 5) Horticulture a) Cultivation in soil and raising crops b) Commercial rearing of silkworm c) Breeding of fish in tanks and ponds d) Cultivation of grapes e) Growing of vegetables flowers and fruits
Ans: A entire quantity is Potential resources are those whose entire quantity is not known and these are not being used at present due to lack of technology or some other problem but they can be harnessed in future e.g Uranium found in Ladakh
Ans: B Rice wheat maize and pulses are grown in intensive subsistence agriculture. They take long time grow therefore they are not grown by shifting cultivators. shiffing culfivafor
Ans: c Self Explanatory
9) Correct statement about nomadic herding: 1. It is practiced in semi arid and arid region of Sahara central Asia and some parts of India like Rajasthan 2. In this type of farming herdsman settle at one place for many year 3. The main animals that are reared are Sheep, Camel, yak and Goat 3. The main animals that are reared are Sheep. Cameyak and Goat Select the correct options: a) 1 only b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and 3 d) 1,2 and 3
Ans: C Statement 2 is wrong because in nomadic herding herdsman move from place to place with their animals for fodder and water and they don't settle at one place for many years
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication , Blogger and poetry lover, Teaching is my passion nothing else.