Sign up now
to enroll in courses, follow best educators, interact with the community and track your progress.
Download
Minerals of India: Comprehensive Outline (for UPSC CSE)
28,220 plays

More
In this lesson one will come across a detailed outilne on Minerals Of India. As this unit instigates one can understand how minerals are classified and learn the classification of them. Bhumika then throws light on Iron Ore, its types, significances, reserves and distribution, important mining centres and much more information.

Bhumika Saini
B Tech from MNIT, Jaipur. Appeared in CSE interview thrice. Loves teaching and playing badminton.

U
Unacademy user
thank you so much for the video .....lekin ek sirf theory wala bhi video bana do sir famous economists ka
Earlier my geography was bad.. But watching the video of bhumika saini mam I'm in a good position today
I see so many people here , asking for PDFs , downloads etc. Instead of all that , you guys can simply screen shot the respective slides and revise them later.. including your ncert texts and maps.. I am surprised none of you came forward with this simple solution.. sorry , if already have.. just thought about sharing.
best ever lesson on iron ore mineral.
Thank you soooo much mam????????
what is self fluxing??
  1. COURSE: GAIN AN INSIGHT ON THE RESOURCES OF INDIA LESSON: MINERALS OF INDIA Presented by Bhumika Saini


  2. About me B Tech from MNIT, Jaipur. Appeared in CSE interview thrice. Three years of experience in teaching Course fee: CONTRIBUTE Follow me on Unacademy: https://unacademy.in/user/BhumikaSaini . C


  3. Minerals of India Minerals Non metallic Metallic Non ferrous Fuel Mineral Other Norn metallic Ferrous


  4. Metallic Minerals Reserved in the Archaean rocks India's important metallic minerals include - iron ore, Manganese, Chromite, Copper, Bauxite, Nickel, Lead, Zinc, Gold and Silver contribute 7% to the total mineral value Iron Mn Bauxite Copper Zinc Lead Gold Silver


  5. Metallic Minerals Magnetite Hematite IRON ORE DESCRIPTION: Four varieties of iron ore: Magnetite-Best-72% iron magnetic property- AP,Jharkhand,Goa,TN,Karnataka 1. Haematite-60-70% iron Limonite Orissa,Chhattisgarh,Goa, Karatak,Maharashtra, AP,Jharkhand, Orissa, Chhattisgarh,Goa,Karnataka,Maharashtra,Rajasthan Limonite-40-60%-Yellow/ Light brown colour siderite-40-50% iron-due to presence of lime it is self-fluxing Siderite 2


  6. Metallic Minerals SIGNIFICANCE/USES: Standard of living of people in a country is judged by consumption of iron Universal Use Backbone of modern civilization -foundation of basic industry RESERVES & DISTRIBUTION: High grade ore confined to Bailadila sector of Chhattisgarh and lesser extent in Bellary Hospet area, Jharkhand and Orissa -6 states account for 95% of total reserves ( Jharkhand, Orissa, MP, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Goa) -Remaining 5% ( Maharashtra, Assam, AP, Rajasthan)


  7. Metallic Minerals IMPORTANT MINING CENTRES Karnataka- Kemmangundi / Bababudan hills of Chikmagalur, Sandur and Hospet in Bellary district Most are high grade haematite and magnetite ; Other -Chitradurga, Uttar Kannad, Shimoga, Dharwar,Tumk


  8. Metallic Minerals IMPORTANT MINING CENTRES Karnataka- Kemmangundi / Bababudan hills of Chikmagalur, Sandur and Hospet in Bellary district Most are high grade haematite and magnetite ; Other -Chitradurga, Uttar Kannad, Shimoga, Dharwar,Tumk


  9. Orissa Orissa-Sundargarh, Mayurbhanj, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Keonjhar, . Keonjhar, . Koraput


  10. Chhattisgarh Chhattisgarh - Prominent deposits include- Bailadila in Bastar district Dalli Rajhara in Durg district


  11. Metallic Minerals India's iron mining faces problems Lacks adequate mechanization Export oriented Many of them are only found in a few states 1. . 2. 3.