Roman Saini is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Detailed analysis, solution, explanation of UPSC CSE Prelims - 2016 1.6 Questions 58-71 Presented by Dr. Roman Saini
About me MBBS, AIIMS .Cleared CSE-2013 Loves playing Guitar; Movie Buff .Course Fee : Contribute Follow me on Unacademy https://unacademy.in/user/RomanSaini
58) Satya Shodhak Samaj organized (a) a movement for upliftment of tribals in Bihar (b) a temple-entry movement in Gujarat .(c) an anti-caste movement in Maharashtra (d) a peasant movement in Punjab Answer .c
.59) Which of the following statements is/are correct? 59) Which of the followi f the ollowing statements Viruses can infect . . 1. bacteria 2. fungi .3. plants Select the correct answer using the code given below. (a) 1 and 2 only (b) 3 only (c) 1 and 3 only . .(d) 1, 2 and 3 .Answer. d
60) The term 'Base Erosion and Profit Shifting' is sometimes seen in the news in the context of (a) mining operation by multinational companies in resource-rich but backward areas (b) curbing of the tax evasion by multinational companies (c) exploitation of genetic resources of a country by multinational companies . (d) lack of consideration of environmental costs in the planning and implementation of developmental projects Answer . b .
61) Recently, India's first 'National Investment and Manufacturing Zone' was proposed to be set up in (a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Gujarat (c) Maharashtra (d) Uttar Pradesh Answer. a .
62) What is/are the purpose/purposes of District Mineral Foundations' in India? .1. Promoting mineral exploration activities in mineral-rich districts .2. Protecting the interests of the persons affected by mining operations . 3. Authorizing State Governments to issue licences for mineral exploration Select the correct answer using the code given below. . (a) 1 and 2 only ()2 only .(c) 1 and 3 only . (d) 1, 2 and 3 Answer b
63) SWAYAM', an initiative of the Government of India, aims at (a) promoting the Self Help Groups in rural areas (b) providing financial and technical assistance to young start-up entrepreneurs (c) promoting the education and health of adolescent girls (d) providing affordable and quality education to the citizens for free Answer. d
64) The Montague-Chelmsford Proposals were related to (a) social reforms (b) educational reforms (c) reforms in police administration (d) constitutional reforms Answer. d
65) What is/are common to the two historical places known as Ajanta and Mahabalipuram? .1. Both were built in the same period. 2. Both belong to the same religious denomination .3. Both have rock-cut monuments. .Select the correct answer using the code given below. .(a) 1 and 2 only . (b) 3 only (c) 1 and 3 only .(d) None of the statements given above is correct .Answer b
69) Consider the following: . 1. Calcutta Unitarian Committee .2. Tabernacle of New Dispensation 3. Indian Reform Association Keshab Chandra Sen is associated with the establishment of which of the above? (a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 and 3 only . (c) 3 only .(d) 1, 2 and 3 Answer. b