Roman Saini is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Detailed analysis, solution, explanation of UPSC CSE Prelims 2016 1.5 Questions 44-57 Presented by Dr. Roman Saini
About me MBBS, AIIMS .Cleared CSE-2013 Loves playing Guitar; Movie Buf Course Fee Contribute Follow me on Unacademy https://unacademy.in/user/RomanSaini
44) What is/are unique about 'Kharai camel', a breed found in India? Kharai camel, a breed 1. It is capable of swimming up to three kilometres in seawater 1. It is capable of swimming up to three kilometres in seawater. . 2. It survives by grazing on mangroves. . .3. It lives in the wild and cannot be domesticated Select the correct answer using the code given below. (a) 1 and 2 only .(b) 3 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3 Answer.a
45) Recently, our scientists have discovered a new and distinct species of banana plant which attains a height of about 11 metres and has orange- coloured fruit pulp. In which part of India has it been discovered? (a) Andaman Islands .(b) Anaimalai Forests . (c) Maikala Hills . (d) Tropical rain forests of northeast Answer: a
46) Which one of the following is the best description of 'INS Astradharini', that was in the news recently? (a) Amphibious warfare ship (b) Nuclear-powered submarine (c) Torpedo launch and recovery vessel .(d) Nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Answer. c
47) What is 'Greased Lightning-10 (GL-10)', recently in the news? (a) Electric plane tested by NASA (b) Solar-powered two-seater aircraft designed by Japan (c) Space observatory launched by China (d) Reusable rocket designed by ISRO Answer. a .
. 48) With reference to Initiative for Nutritional Security through Intensive Millets Promotion', which of the following statements is/are correct? 1. This initiative aims to demonstrate the improved production and post-harvest technologies, and to demonstrate value addition . techniques, in an integrated manner, with cluster approach. 2. Poor, small, marginal and tribal farmers have larger stake in this scheme. 3. An important objective of the scheme is to encourage farmers of commercial crops to shift to millet cultivation by offering them . . free kits of critical inputs of nutrients and microirrigation equipment. Select the correct answer using the code given below. (a) 1 only .(b) 2 and 3 only (c) 1 and 2 only (d) 1, 2 and 3 . .Answer a
49) The Swadeshi' and 'Boycott' were adopted as methods of struggle for the first time during the: (a) Agitation against the Partition of Bengal .(b) Home Rule Movement .(c) Non-Cooperation Movement (d) visit of the Simon Commission to India Answer (a)
50) With reference to the religious history of India, consider the following statements 1. The concept of Bodhisattva is central to Hinayana sect of Buddhism. . 2. Bodhisattva is a compassionate one on his way to enlightenment. .3. Bodhisattva delays achieving his own salvation to help all sentient beings on their path to it. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? (a) 1 only .(b) 2 and 3 only (c) 2 only (d) 1, 2 and 3 Answer.b .
51) 'Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres), often in the news, is (a) a division of World Health Organization (b) a non-governmental international organization (c) an inter-governmental agency sponsored by European Union . .(d) a specialised agency of the United Nations Answer . b
55) what is "Greenhouse Gas Protocol'? Gas Protocol , (a) It is an international accounting tool for government and business leaders to ' understand, quantify and manage greenhouse gas emissions er financial incentives to devennojes (b) It is an initiative of the United Nations to offer financial incentives to developing countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to adopt eco-friendly technologies .(c) It is an inter-governmental agreement ratified by all the member countries of the United Nations to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to specified levels by the year 2022 (d) It is one of the multilateral REDD+ initiatives hosted by the World Bank Answer. a of the multilateral REDD .