MCQ'S: Anatomy of Flowering plants By: Aprajita shankhdhar 75 46
1. A tissue is a group of cells which are A similar in origin, but dissimilar in form and function. B dissimilar in origin, form and function .C dissimilar in origin, but similar in form and function. D similar in origin, form and function.
2 During the formation of leaves and elongation of stem, some cells left behind from the shoot apical meristem, constitute the . A lateral meristem .B axillary bud cork cambium . D fascicular cambiunm
3. The apical meristem of the root is present A in all the roots. .B only in radicals. .C only in tap roots. D only in adventitious roots.
4 Apical, intercalary and lateral meristems are differentiated on the basis of A origin .B function .C position D development
Which of following helps bamboo and grasses to elongate? A Apical meristems B Lateral meristems .C Secondary meristems D Intercalary meristems
6. Celis of permanent tssues are specialized A functionally. .B only structurally .C both structurally and functionally. .D for mitosis.
1. . Correct Answer D A group of structurally similar or dissimilar cells that perform a common function and have a common origin is called a tissue. A plant is made up of different kinds of tissues. The complex tissues are, however, composed of different kinds of cells and they perform difterent types of functions.
2. . Correct Answer : B Axillary buds are present in the axils of leaves and are capable of forming a branch or a flower.
4. . Correct Answer: C Apical, intercalary and lateral meristems are differentiated on the basis of position. .Apical meristem is situated at the shoot apex and the root apex. Intercalary meristem is present at the base of internodes, e.g., in grasses or at the base of leaves e.g., in Pinus or at the base of nodes, e.g., mint. Lateral meristems are present along the lateral sides of stem and roots
6 . Correct Answer: C Following divisions of cells in both primary and as well as secondary meristems, the newly formed cells become structurally and functionally specialized and lose the ability to divide . Such cells are termed as permanent or mature cells and constitute the permanent tissues.
Loves teaching and tries to simplify teaching learning process as much as possible by my side NEET \ AIIMS \ CTET.