Roman Saini is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Biology MCOs Based on Class XI NCERT
31. The respiratory system in a cockroach is made up of? Micro lungs b Gills Trachea o It does not have a respiratory system
Solution: c Explanation: Insect's respiratory system is made up of trachea.
32. Frogs can live in Land 2 River 3. Sea Choose the correct option: a 1 and 2 b 2 and 3 1 only All of these d)
Solution: a Explanation: Frogs are amphibians. They can live in land and freshwater. They cannot live in saline water.
33. Frog drinks water through a Osmosis b Diffusion o Filtration d) None of these
a Solution: b Explanation: Frog takes water through the skin by the process of diffusion.
34. What is the difference between an onion cell and the cell of your cheek? a Onion cell has nucleus while the cheek cell doesn't. a) Cheek cell has nucleus while the onion cell doesn't. o Cheek cell has DNA while the onion cell doesn't. Onion cell has cell wall but the cheek cell doesn't.
Solution: d Explanation: nucleus and DNA. But plant cells have cell wall of cellulose which a Onion cell is a plant cell. Cheek cell is an animal cell. Both have animal cells do not have.
35. Which of the following is correct? . Cels f all ing organisms have a nucleus. b Both animal and plant cells have a well defined cell wall. Cells of all living organisms have a nucleus. In prokaryotes, there are no membrane bound organelles Cells are formed from de novo from the abiotic materials d)
. Solution: C Explanation: Membrane-bound organelles are organelles surrounded by a double membrane. Nucleus, mitochondria, chloroplasts, etc., are examples of such organelles. These cell organelles are absent from prokaryotes. Only eukaryotic cells have nuclei. They are absent from prokaryotes. Cell walls are only present in plant cells. They are absent from all animal cells. All cells arise from pre-existing cells o
36. Which of the following is false? a Mitochondria are double- membrane-bound structures. ) They are the sites for ATP-generating chemical reactions. e The mitochondria are the sites for anaerobic respiration. o They have their own DNA and ribosomes
37. Which of the following statement is false? a Chloroplast trap solar energy and utilize it to make ATP molecules. b) They are involved in the process of photosynthesis. o They contain the enzymes required for the synthesis of carbohydrates and proteins. None of these. d)
o Solution: a Explanation Chloroplast produce food for the plants but not ATP ATP is Adenosine Triphosphate which provide energy to cells : o e
. Solution: d . Alplanation:ncions cel i @Doing Explanation: All are the functions of cell in a living body.
a Solution: c Explanation Amino acids can be basic, acidic, and neutral. Adenosine, thymidine and Uridine are called nucleotides. Lipids are fatty acids. They are water insoluble.
40. Consider the following statements. Cellulose is a polymer. e of energy in animals. a Polysaccharides are carbohydrates 3. Glycogen is the storehouse of energy in plants. Which of the above is/are true? 1 and2 b 2, 3 and 4 1 and 3 All of these
a Solution: c o Explanation: Explanatiorn Starch is storehouse of energy in plants while glycogen stores energy in animals.
41. Consider the following statements: a Nucleotides are the building blocks of nucleic acids. Nucleotides have phosphate in their molecule. DNA and RNA are nucleic acids having ribose and deoxyribose respectively. Which of the above is/are true? a 1 and 2 b 2 and 3 1 only o 1, 2 and 3
o Solution: d Self explaantory
Solution: c Monosaccharide is a carbohydrate. Peptide bond is found in proteins. Nucleic acids have proteins in them too.
o Solution: d o Self explanatory
o Solution: a Self explaantory
46. Glycosidic bond is found in? a) Polysaccharides Monosaccharides b) Amino acids d DNA
o Solution: d Explanation: Cell division phases of Mitosis is divided into prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
a Solution b Explanation: During meiosis, a cell divides into four daughter cells called gametes that are used during sexual reproduction. A cell grows larger during interphase, then goes through multiple other steps, such as prophase and metaphase before finally dividing into four gametes.
50. Porins are? a) Bacteria b Protein o Virus ) Plants
, Solution: b Explanation: Porins are proteins that are located in the outer membrane of Gram- negative bacteria . They function to form a water-filled pore through the membrane, from the exterior to the periplasm , which is a region located between the outer and inner membranes.
51. Why pure water has the maximum water potential? a Because pure water contains ions b) Because pure water has the highest concentration of water molecules. Because pure water is the natural water d) None of these
56. Gastric juice contains a) Pepsin, lipase and rennin Trypsin, lipase and rennin Trypsin, pepsin and lipase o Trypsin , pepsin and renin
o Solution: a Explanation Viruses do not have the capacity to survive on their own and need a living host for survival Viruses cannot grow in synthetic medium. They need a biological host into which they can transfer their DNA and replicate. o Viruses can transfer not just through biological vectors but soil, air, water etc.
Solution: d Explanation Aflatoxins are produced by many species of a fungus called, . Aspergillus. Fungus is a type of mould. a
60. From the point of view of evolution of living organisms, which one of the following is the correct sequence of evolution? ) Otter Tortoise Shark Shark Tortoise- Otter o Tortoise Shark Otter d) Shark- Otter - Tortoise
o Solution: b Evolution of shark was in Silurian period about 450 million years ago. The first purple turtles are believed to have existed in the early Triassic period of the Mesozoic era, about 220 million years ago. The sea otter came just 5 million years ago.