The labour administration falls under the ILO Convention No. 150. It is an international labour organisation convention, which was launched in the year of 1978. However, this convention was implemented on June 26, 1978. The labour administration came into force completely on October 11, 1980. The ILO Convention No. 150 regulates all its functioning by preparing a working framework of labour administration convention. Labour administration regulates all the convention-related works like preparation, implementation, supervision, coordination, and timely evaluation. However, the government of a specific county also plays a major role in its regulation.
The labour administration is an international governmental body developed for the welfare of labourers. It ensures that the proper facilities related to wages, resources, and holidays are given to the labourers. It regulates the whole management of labourers and ensures that their fundamentals do not get misinterpreted.
The main aim of labour administration is to achieve an atmosphere throughout the world where both male labour and female labour can work with security, freedom, equity, and human dignity. It also designed some special rules for the labourers to help the millions of labourers worldwide to live their lives peacefully.
Labour administration functions
Let’s understand the labour administration functions.
The main function of labour administration is to implement the policies that work for labourers’ welfare. Let’s understand its functioning in detail. Its functioning is divided into four different domains. These are:
- Information and research
- labour management research
The Labour administration decides the working conditions of the labour.
- The labour administration decides the wages of labourers.
- It regulates the employment conditions.
- It takes care of labourers’ security and their health at work.
- It provides social security to labourers.
- The labour administration also periodically introspects the functioning of labourers. It ensures that the employers do not conduct any kind of mean act on labourers.
- It facilitates the best working environment for labourers.
- It regulates the national employment policy.
- It passes and implements various unemployment insurance schemes.
- It provides vocational guidelines to unemployed youngsters.
- It regulates vocational training programs throughout the world.
- It ensures that the best employment services should be given to capable individuals.
Information and research
- Labour administration plays a major role in collecting information related to the labourers.
- It organises surveys to check the working conditions of employees.
- It plays a major role in policy development and statistics related to labourers.
- It facilitates the dissemination of information.
- It releases its forecast periodically based on collected data.
- Labour administration plays a major role in designing the framework of rules for the proper management of labourers.
- It helps in settling labour-related issues in various organisations.
Some other functions of labour administration
The above-written functions are based on the welfare of labourers. Let’s understand more labour administration functions based on governmental bodies. These are:
- Labour administration facilitates the assessment of labour institutions and organisations. Along with this, it also regulates their management.
- It follows all the administrative rules of the specific country. It also provides support to the tripartite bodies of the country.
- It also facilitates the promotion of various ILO policies and standards.
- Labour administration also facilitates the management of international networks.
- It plays a major role in researching information and publications of news.
Features of labour administration
Let’s understand the features of labour administration.
The labour administration convention is a very powerful body in itself. It regulates the functioning of labourers of the entire world. Due to this, its features are slightly distinctive compared to other connections. These are:
All the laws and policies of labour administration are designed to provide the right to other bodies or labourers to share their ideas. Other organisations and individuals take part in the decision-making of labour administration. Its policies and services are available for all throughout the world.
All the rules and policies of labour administration are designed for the welfare of labourers. All these rules and policies are implemented sincerely with proper management.
The labour administration is a responsible body of government. It plays a major role in resolving disputes among the labourers and their owners. It ensures the proper implementation of laws and policies without bias.
The services provided by the labour administration provide a peaceful life to many labourers. It ensures that a good amount as wages should be given to the employees. It also ensures that the owners do not practice any misbehaviour with the labourers.
The labour administration convention is the international convention that the ILO Convention regulates. This organisation is developed for the welfare of labourers. Although many countries implement the laws and policies of this convention for facilitating labourers in 2021, 78 countries throughout the world rectified its implementation. Apart from this, labourers of many countries depend on the policies and laws of labour administration. It ensures all types of essential services should be provided to the employee so that their dignity and self-respect remain preserved and they live life happily and peacefully.