Unacademy Core Engineering Placement Protection Program - Terms and Conditions
Sorting Hat Technologies Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Unacademy”) has created the Unacademy Core Engineering Placement Protection Program (“Program”). The Program aims to secure interview opportunities for CE Learners (defined later) with companies/firms associated with the Program (“Associated Companies”), that are looking to hire for relevant engineering roles (“Placement”). These terms and conditions are applicable to any learner who has taken a Plus or Iconic Subscription to any course specified under the Core Engineering category (“CE Course(s)”) on the Unacademy Platform (“CE Learner(s)”).
Unacademy permits you to claim a Placement Refund (defined below) in connection with the CE Placement Process, provided you satisfy the terms and conditions herein (“collectively herein referred to as “CE Placement Protection Terms/ Terms”).
All capitalized terms are defined/have the meaning assigned to it under the CE Placement Protection Terms or under the relevant Platform Terms. In other words, if you find any word herein that has its first letter capitalized, then it means that we have explained the meaning that such word has in the context of these CE Placement Protection Terms; if not here, then it will be provided in the relevant Platform Terms – when we refer to any such term in these CE Placement Protection Terms, we will try and specify where in these terms and conditions and/or other Platform Terms you can find the meaning/definition.
A. Placement Process
Eligibility Criteria for Placement Process: To be eligible to participate in the Placement process through the Program, a CE Learner shall be required to fulfil all the following conditions/requirements (as may be applicable) (“Placement Process Criteria”):
- You hold a current, active subscription to any CE Course;
- You have completed seven modules of the CE Course before the expiry of the time period for which CE Course has been purchased (“Subscription Period”).(In order to successfully complete a module, you would be required to score at least 70% in test, projects and viva associated with each module and comply with any other instructions communicated by Unacademy.)
- You shall be above 18 (eighteen) years of age and below 35 (thirty-five) years of age;
- You must have completed your Bachelors in Engineering and hold a B.Tech degree which is recognized in India;
- You shall hold valid marksheets/ documents which need to be provided for evaluation when required/requested;
- You shall be legally authorized to work in India without sponsorship;
- You shall be proficient in English (written and spoken);
- You must have paid all CE Course fees for the applicable course through any of the available payment plans.
- You must not have defaulted on any of your EMI payments in respect of any loans availed by you through the Platform (valid only if you have paid for the course using the monthly EMIs option).
- You must be available for joining the company whose offer you choose to accept within 30 (thirty) days from the date of accepting the offer.
- You must have completed requisite portion of the CE Course to which you have subscribed as may be prescribed by Unacademy or satisfied any such additional conditions as may be communicated by Unacademy.
- You may be required to provide your resume, details relating to your education, work experience if any, and if required, submit proof of the same and any other details as may be required by Unacademy in order to facilitate Placements, including any personal identification documents.
- A CE Learner holding an Iconic Subscription should have minimum 1 (one) year of work experience.
Note: The Placement process will only start once we receive all the requested information within the timelines stated herein above.
Work Experience: Please note that a company may require a specific number of years of experience to be considered for a job. If you have experience which is not relevant to the position available you will be deemed ‘Fresher’ or ‘Non-Experienced’, or you may be ineligible to proceed with the Placement process.
We will try our best to align relevant opportunities available through the Program. However, we do not guarantee any minimum or a maximum number of Placement opportunities.
Consent and Waiver for use of Personal Attributes: You hereby consent to the use by Unacademy and its affiliates, at its sole discretion, of your name, photograph, videos, voice recordings, statements and/or testimonials (“Personal Attributes”) for the purpose of publication, advertising, promotion on its online platforms, including but not limited to the Unacademy Platform, and through any mode, medium, platform and/or format, including without limitation, in newspapers, magazines, other print media, on television, radio, internet and other electronic and/or in mailings for educational awareness. Further you release, waive, and discharge claims of any kind or nature arising out of or relating to the use of your Personal Attributes against Unacademy and its affiliates or any person or firm authorized by Unacademy to publish the same in accordance with the terms hereof. Such release, waiver and discharge shall also extend to all group companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns of Unacademy and any publishers of the Personal Attributes in accordance with the terms hereof. Such a release shall be binding on the Participant, his/her respective successors, heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, spouse and next of kin.
Interview Process: Unacademy shall arrange interviews between an eligible candidate and Associated Companies. You are required to respond to the interview invite(s) with either an acceptance or rejection within 6 (six) hours of receiving the invite or within such duration as may be specified in the invite email.
Further, you shall adhere to the below terms:
- You are required to attend all interviews you have accepted the invites for, and you will not reschedule the interviews.
- You will not reject more than 2 (two) interview invites, and you will share the appropriate and valid reasons for rejecting the interview invites.
Placement Support: You will receive placement support from Unacademy until the occurrence of any of the following events:
- You have accepted an offer with CTC greater than INR 2.5 LPA; or
- You have rejected 2 (two) offers for Placement from Associated Companies; or
- On the occurrence of any event specified under the ‘Withdrawal’ or ‘Disqualification’ sections below.
Withdrawal from the Program: On the occurrence of any of the following events, we will assume your withdrawal from the Placement process, and thereafter Unacademy will not be obligated to make available any Placement opportunities to you:
- You do not furnish the requested information within the timelines stated in ‘Onboarding to Placement Process’section above; or
- You do not adhere to the preferences that you have shared during the onboarding process; or
- You fail to attend an interview you had accepted the invite for; or
- You reject 3 (three) interviewing opportunities offered by companies registered with the Program.
- You have defaulted on your EMIs for 2 (two) months or more (valid only if you have subscribed using the monthly EMI payment option).
- You have accepted a job offer outside the Placement process offered by Unacademy.
Disqualification from the Placement Program: To ensure that the integrity of our Placement Programs is maintained, we will have the right to disqualify you from the Program if –
- the details furnished by you are found to be factually incorrect; or
- it is brought to Unacademy’s notice that you have misconducted yourself in any form with Unacademy employees, Associated Companies or any personnel associated with Unacademy; or
- You have received an offer from the companies registered with Unacademy as part of the Program and chosen to not inform Unacademy about it.
Consequences of Withdrawal and/or Disqualification: The consequences of your withdrawal or disqualification from the process may lead to one or more of the following, depending on the reasons and their severity for the withdrawal or disqualification:
- Your participation in the Placement Program will be halted and Unacademy shall no longer be obliged to offer Placement support to you;
- Any offer that has been extended to you by any Associated Companies may be rescinded.
- You shall no longer be eligible for Placement Refund.
B. Placement Refund Process:
- Placement Refund: Subject to the CE Placement Protection Terms, Unacademy shall permit you to claim a Placement Refund (defined below) subject to the Placement Refund Eligibility Criteria (defined below) if a CE Learner who has participated in the Placement process has not been able to secure a job offer within the Placement Period (defined below) .
- Placement Refund Eligibility Requirements: A CE Learner may be eligible for a Placement Refund if he/she fulfils the following criteria (“Placement Refund Eligibility Criteria”):
- Must have failed to receive any job offer from any Associated Company within 6 (six) months or 180 days of completion of 7(seven) modules of the CE Course (“Placement Period”), provided that he/she completed seven modules of the CE Course before the expiry of the Subscription Period In order to successfully complete a module, you would be required to score at least 70% in test, projects and viva associated with each module and comply with any other instructions communicated by Unacademy.)
- Must have submitted any documents requested by Unacademy within the stipulated timelines for the Placement Process;
- Must have complied with the Placement Eligibility Criteria and the other terms applicable to Placements (in section A above);
- Must not have withdrawn or/ been disqualified from the Program;
- must pass any and all background verification checks and fitness tests that an Associated Company may want to run;
- must not express the intention in writing to withdraw from the Placement process or make a request in writing to postpone or reschedule the Placement process;
- must track all job search activity including but not limited to application confirmation emails, texts, registration verifications, etc and reply / reach out (if required) within the timeline prescribed in all such communications;
- must have attended any and all preparatory sessions (including mock interviews and training sessions) as directed by the Unacademy team within any such timeline prescribed by Unacademy;
- must have submitted his/her latest tax filing certificates / Form 26 AS for the last 4 quarters as a verification (if required);
- must not engage in any activity that brings Unacademy or any of its affiliates into disrepute;
- must not, either presently or in the past, be involved in any misconduct or malpractice of any kind;
- must not commit acts of dishonesty during the application process and the duration of the Refund Window;
- must not submit any factually incorrect details ;
- must not change your job search strategy during the Refund Window, including without limitation to industry, unless agreed to in advance with Unacademy;
- must not behave inappropriately with any Unacademy team members, associates, other participants of the CE Courses or Associate Companies;
- must not use unfair means during online examinations, or while doing hands-on assignments and assessments, by indulging in activities like copying, discussions, using technology-based instruments, or other means to cheat. There is zero tolerance towards any form of copying (as may be determined by Unacademy or its representatives at their sole discretion);
- must not be in-disciplined, which shall include, but not be limited to mis-behaviour, nuisance, brawl, use of foul language posting objectionable material, use of unfair means at the time of assessments/interaction, being drunk, having consumed narcotics substances, and indulging in any act or omission which amounts to discouraging / demeaning/ hampering the CE Course structure during the CE Course;
- must not have received and/or acted upon any Placement opportunities outside of the Platform;
- must not have rejected a job offer on the pretext of compensation, designation, lock-in conditions, location etc;
- must have paid all dues to Uncademy or loan partner on-time and there is no delay from CE Learner’s side.
- Placement Refund Rules
- Subject to the CE Placement Protection Terms, if you would like to avail of a Placement Refund under this CE Placement Protection Program, you may write to email@example.com from your registered email address during the Refund Window (defined below), provided you meet the Refund Eligibility Criteria, as applicable. If the request is accepted by Unacademy:
- For Iconic Subscriptions- 100% of the CE Course fee (“Placement Refund”) shall be refunded to you, subject to any deductions as may be applicable as per the terms and conditions set out in this CE Placement Protection Terms.
- For Plus Subscriptions- 50% of the CE Course fee shall be refunded (“Plus Placement Refund”) to you,subject to any deductions as may be applicable as per the terms and conditions set out in this CE Placement Protection Terms. It is clarified that Iconic Placement Refund and Plus Placement Refund shall collectively be referred to as placement refund (“Placement Refund”).
- A request for a Placement Refund shall be made within 30 days following the Placement Period (“Refund Window”). Unacademy shall not be liable to provide any refunds with respect to any requests for cancellations and refund received by Unacademy after the expiry of the Refund Window.
- To process the Placement Refund, our team may contact you to verify your details within 4 (four) working days from the date of receipt of request. It is mandatory for you to raise your request for Placement Refund from your registered email address only. Pursuant to the same, our representative may contact you for completing any forms required for processing the refund which you are required to complete and send back as per the timelines communicated to you.
- You shall receive the Placement Refund in the same payment source you had used to make the payment to register for the CE Course. In case there are any difficulties or errors in processing the payment to your source account, you may be requested to share details of an alternate bank account with requisite documents such as cancelled cheque pertaining to the relevant bank account for verification purpose. In the event you fail to provide the complete details (as may be requested by Unacademy) of the alternate bank account within (fourteen) 14 calendar days from a request by Unacademy in writing, Unacademy shall not be liable to refund the Placement Refund to you.
Please note that the refund of the Placement Refund shall be subject to deductions (at actuals) towards outstanding loan amount (if any), payment gateway charges, interest and taxes, as applicable. The deduction amount shall be calculated based on payment mode and amount charged by the payment partner / loan partner. The applicable deductions, as applicable, are mentioned below for your reference–-
- Outstanding loan amount (if any)
- Payment Gateway charges including interest charged under No-Cost EMI.
- Any charges/interest deducted by loan partner
- Any statutory taxes
- Whilst every effort is made to provide you an excellent learning experience, we reserve the right to withdraw or cancel the Placement Refund in any event where we have identified a fraudulent activity attributable to the CE Learner requesting such Placement Refund. In such circumstances there shall be no re-attempt of refund made to such CE Learner.
- Timeline for Processing of Refund
- We may take up to 14 (fourteen) Business Days (defined below) from the date of receipt of request to accept the request for Placement Refund. After the Placement Refund is accepted by Unacademy, it may take up to 90 (ninety) Business Days for the amount to reflect in your account. Please do contact your respective bank or the source payment provider. A “Business Day” is defined as any day that is not Saturday, Sunday, public holiday or bank holiday in India or in the State where the Unacademy office(s) is/are located in India.
- If the amount does not reflect in your account post 90 (ninety) Business Days from the date of processing, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not with standing the other provisions of this CE Placement Protection Terms, if you have reached out to us after the Refund Window, you shall not be eligible for a Placement Refund under this CE Placement Protection Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that we shall not entertain any Placement Refund requests post expiry of the Refund Window irrespective of the reason.
C. General Terms
These CE Placement Protection Terms have to be accepted before paying the CE Course Fee / enrolling for the CE Course along with the Platform Terms. In the event, you are not willing to accept the CE Placement Protection Terms, then you shall not be authorized or allowed to opt for a CE Course offered by Unacademy. On payment of the CE Course Fee and enrolling for a CE Course, the CE Learner confirms that the CE Learner has read, understood, and agreed to all the terms and conditions of a CE Course as mentioned in this document and the Platform Terms and has not relied on any other oral representation by Unacademy or any other third party.
D. Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
This Policy shall constitute an agreement between you and Unacademy (individually “Party” and collectively, “Parties”) and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without reference to principles of conflict of laws. In the event of any dispute arising out of, under, or in relation to, this CE Placement Protection Terms, the Parties agree to submit such dispute to arbitration by a sole arbitrator appointed jointly by both Parties, failing which such arbitrator shall be appointed in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitration proceedings shall be held in accordance with the rules framed under the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (which rules are deemed to be incorporated in this Agreement by reference herein) and shall be held in Bangalore. All proceedings of such arbitration shall be in the English language. The arbitral awards rendered shall be final and binding and shall not be subject to any form of appeal. The successful Party may seek to enforce the award in an appropriate jurisdiction, including India. Each Party shall bear its own costs and expenses, incurred in connection with the arbitration proceedings. Nothing herein shall preclude either Party from seeking interim or permanent equitable or injunctive relief, or both, from the courts at Bangalore, India which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising under this Agreement. The pursuit of equitable or injunctive relief shall not be a waiver of the right of the Parties to pursue any remedy for monetary damages through the arbitration
Unacademy reserves the right to amend, modify, withdraw or substitute any part of this CE Placement Protection Terms without any prior notice and you agree to be bound by the same. The changes may be necessitated due to Unacademy’s focus on continuous improvement of the processes and services, research and development in the methodologies, pedagogy, technology obsolescence, industry requirements, and statutory compliances. Unacademy shall endeavour to notify you of any changes/amendments to this CE Placement Protection Terms, however you are advised to check our Platform frequently to keep yourself updated regarding any changes, including to the Platform Terms. You would be required to read and abide by such amendments, if any.Annexure I- Additional Terms applicable to CE Learner who has purchased an Iconic Subscription