Sign up now
to enroll in courses, follow best educators, interact with the community and track your progress.
Download
What are Nuclear Weapons ?
206 plays

More
This lesson discusses the science behind nuclear weapon. It explains various terms and terminologies associated with Nuclear weapons.


U
Unacademy user
luck mauka deti hai...but mehnat chauka deti hai....isliye luck pe nahi but apni mehnat pe yakin h...👍
  1. A Brief History of India's Nuclear Weapon Program 1944 to 1998


  2. Lecture 1 What are Nuclear Weapons?


  3. What are Nuclear Weapons? Nuclear Reactors Nuclear Weapons Source of Power Nuclear Energy ion Splitting the Atom Nuclear Fusion nJoining the Atom


  4. Atomic Structure The Science behind Nuclear Energy -The mass of Nucleus is about 1% smaller than the mass of its individual protons and neutrons. .The difference is called "Mass Defect". -The 1% missing mass of the Nucleus is converted in to Energy and this Energy is used to keep the Protons nucleus neutron in the Nucleus together. Einstein's Equation : E = m c2 proton electron


  5. The Science behind Nuclear Energy NUCLEAR FISSION -The mass of Nucleus is about 1% smaller than the mass of its individual protons and neutrons. .The difference is called "Mass Defect". -The 1% missing mass of the Nucleus is converted in to Energy and this Energy is used to keep the Protons in the Nucleus together. NEUTRON Einstein's Equation : E = m c2 energy Nuclear Fission : A heavy nucleus will release energy when it is split apart. Nuclear Fusion: Two light nuclei will release energy when they join. 3 "He 112


  6. The Science behind Nuclear Energy -The mass of Nucleus is about 1% smaller than the mass of its individual protons and neutrons. .The difference is called "Mass Defect". -The 1% missing mass of the Nucleus is converted in to Energy and this Energy is used to keep the Protons in the Nucleus together. Einstein's Equation : E = m c2 Nuclear Fission was discovered by two German Scientists, Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassmann in the year 1938 Nuclear Fission : A heavy nucleus will release energy when it is split apart. Nuclear Fusion: Two light nuclei will release energy when they join.


  7. Nuclear and Thermonuclear Weapons Weapons based only on Nuclear Fission Weapons based on Nuclear Fission and Fusion both


  8. Nuclear and Thermonuclear Weapons Weapons based only on Nuclear Fission Nuclear Bomb or Atom Bomb Weapons based on Nuclear Fission and Fusion both Thermonuclear Bomb or Hydrogen Bomb


  9. Nuclear and Thermonuclear Weapons Weapons based only on Nuclear Fission Nuclear Bomb or Atom Bomb Weapons based on Nuclear Fission and Fusion both Thermonuclear Bomb or Hydrogen Bomb 2d Stage Nuclear Fusion of Hydrogen takes palce 1t Stage Nuclear Fission Produces very high temperature


  10. Nuclear and Thermonuclear Weapons Weapons based only on Nuclear Fission Nuclear Bomb or Atom Bomb Energy of the explosion is measured in Yield. 1 Kiloton Energy produced by 1000 ton of TNT 1 Megaton 1 million ton of TNT Weapons based on Nuclear Fission and Fusion both Thermonuclear Bombor Hydrogen Bomb 2d Stage Nuclear Fusion of Hydrogen takes palce 1t Stage Nuclear Fission Produces very high temperature


  11. How Nuclear Weapons are different from Conventional Weapons? Nuclear Explosions can be many thousands (or millions) of times more powerful than the largest conventional weapon. 85 % of the energy of the explosion is released in the form Heat and Light. - this heat and light can cause firestorms, skin burns and make people blind. -Remaining 15 % of the energy is released in the form of Radiation (Nuclear Fallout). of this 5 % of Radiation is released within few minutes -remaining 10 % is released over a long period of time.