1) Basic Network Weightage: 30 35 Questions Mostly Numerical Asked, Requires Practice, Time taking
Question Types/ Sub Topics: Concepts of Resistance, Inductance, Capacitance and various factors affecting them. Concepts of Current, Voltage, Power, Energy and their units. Circuit law: Kirchhoff's law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems. Magnetic coupled circuits, AC Fundamentals:Instantaneous, peak,RM.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, star and delta connection, sinusoidal response of R- Land R-C circuit
2) Electrical Machines: Weightage: 25 30 Questions .Extensively Theoretical, Moderate Accuracy Possible. Question Types/ Sub Topics: DC Generators, DC Motors, Parallel operation of transformers, Auto Transformers. Synchronous Motors, Induction Motors, Parallel operation of alternators.
3) Basic Electronics: Weightage: 10 15 Questions Theoretical, Need to understand the Working principle of each Device, Moderate Accuracy Question Types/ Sub Topics: Working of various electronic devices P-N Junction Diodes. Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT JFET and MOSFETs, Op-amps. Oscillators and Feedback Amplifiers, Frequency Response. Optical devices and Simple circuits using these devices. .
4) Power Systems: .Weightage: 10-15 Questions .Moderately Time Consuming, Moderate Accuracy Possible. Question Types/ Sub Topics: Economics of Power Generation, Power Factor Improvement, Power System Protection Transmission Lines, Power Generator Stations, Power Distribution System.
5) Measurement & Measuring Instruments: Weightage: 10 15 Questions The ratio of numerical & theoretical questions is 50:50, Moderately Time Consuming .Question Types/ Sub Topics: Error Analysis, Measurement of power using 2 Watt meter, AC Bridges, PMMC & PMMI Instruments.
Rate & Review 5 SHARE RATE & REVIEW COMMENT & FEEDBACK
Star Educator on UNACADEMY| B.tech in civil engineering With 81%| Cracked BCECE 2012|GATE 2017| Teaching is my passion|