Current Affairs Practice Questions For Prelims 2019 unacademy By Prof. Akshay D Kadam https://unacademy.com/userlAkshayDKadam
59) "Common Vision on Defense which of the following options? Ties 2015-20" A a) Sharing and exchange of advance information regarding Joint Vision Statement on defence 60) White Shipping Agreement is a technical term related to identity and movement of military vessels between the navies of countries b) Sharing and exchange of advance information regarding n for identity and movement of non-military commercial vessels 2015-2020; is signed by India c) Sharing and exchange of advance information regarding with which of the identity and movement of illegal, red flagged vessels or following country?unverified unlicened vessels between the navies of countries. a) Vietnam b) Japan c) Russia d) Bhutan between the navies of countries. d) Sharing and exchange of advance information regarding identity and movement of hazardous substances, Genetically Modiefied organsisms or vessels carrying Nuclear material transport between the navies of countries.
61) The defence minister on 22 December 62) 4 trenches forming part of 2018 inaugurated the Information Fusion Centre Indian Ocean Region (IOR) at Information Management and Analysis Centre located at farther distance from rest (IMAC). The IFC-IOR will serve as the hub of of the three. Find out the odd information sharing and analysis with a number trench located geographically away of countries who have white shipping information exchange agreements with India. a) Sunda Trench the Information Fusion Centre - Indian Ocean b) Phillipine Trench Region (IOR) is located at which of the following cities? a) Kochi b) Chennai c) Mumbai d) Gurugram Pacific ring of fire are mentoned below. One of the four trench is from other three trenches? c) Marianas Trench d) Tonga Trench https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
63) 4 trenches forming part of 64) Proposed Mekedatu dam is a dam located on Pacific ring of fire are mentoned which of the following rivers and is built and below. One of the four trench is opposed by which of th following states? geographically located in Northern hemisphere while rest by Tamil Nadu opposed by Karnataka 3 trenches are located in Souhern hemisphere. Find out by Karnataka the odd trench located geographically in northern hemisphere? a) Aleutian Trench b) Sunda Trench c) Kermadac Trench d) Tonga Trench a) Mekedatu dam is a dam on river Cauvery; built b) Mekedatu dam is a dam on river Cauvery; built opposed by Tamil Nadu c) Mekedatu dam is a dam on river Periyar, built by Kerala opposed by Tamil Nadu d) Mekedatu dam is a dam on river Periyar; built by Tamil Nadu opposed by Kerala https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
65) On December 15, 2018, the 66) Consider the following statement about foundation stone of Institute of High-Altitude Medicinal Plants (IHAMP) was laid. The Institute of this award, the Bhartiya Jnanpith recognises High-Altitude Medicinal Plants will Indian litterateurs who write in one of the 22 be located in a) Bhaderwah in Doda district of the Indian Constitution.. Jammu & Kashmir b) Bhaderwah in Doda district of Ghosh has been selected for Jnanpith award, Uttrakhand c) At Spiti Valley in Uttrakhand Which of the above statements are correct? d) At Munar in Kerala Jnanpith Award 1) Jnanpith award was instituted in 1961. Via Indian language listed in the Schedule Eight of 2) Renowned English fiction writer Amitav 2018 a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
67) The Dam Safety Bill, 2018 has been introduced in Lok Sabha in December, 2018. has been honored by UN for its works to clean his bill aims to provide for the surveillance, River Ganga. Which of the following area was inspection, operation, and maintenance of specified dams across the country. Consider startup? the following statement about The Dam Safety a) Creation of natural embankments by Bill, 2018 1) The specifications of dam for which the bill b) Recycling floral waste from temples. is applicable are all dams with height morec) Developing bio gas for muncipal and temple than 20 Meters. 2) The bill provides for setting up of a National River Dam Safety Authority. The National Dam Safety Authority would be chaired by the Chairperson, Central water comission Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct 68) Uttar Pradesh based startup HelpUsGreen core area of operations for HelpUsGreen planting roots on banks of Ganga river. wastes of cities located on banks of Ganga d) Processing industral waste discharge and neutralising if before final drainage in Ganga River
69) Consider the folllowing statements70) Consider the folllowing statements about Index of Industrial Production 1) It is compiled and published monthly Britain Meets India' by the Confederation by Central Statistical Organization (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI). 1) UK is the largest foreign western 2) Its base year is 2011-12 3) The combined weightage of 8 core 2) UK is the fourth largest investor in Industries in IIP is 40.27%. Options - a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and 3 d) 1 2 and3 about The report 'India's Sterling Assets: of British Industry (CBI) and mark the correct ones - investor in India. India. 3) UK is the largest G20 investor in India. Options a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and3 d) 1 2 and3 https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
71) Consider the folllowing statements about 72) Consider the folllowing statements Global Compact for migration' and mark the about Light Utility Helicopter (LUH)' and correct ones - 1) The Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and 1) It is developed by indigenously by Rotary Regular Migration(GCM) is an intergovernmentally negotiated agreement, prepared under the auspices of the United Nations 2) It creates non-legally binding and co- operative framework that builds on commitments Forces &has civilian applications also. agreed upon by member states 3) India is party to the framework. Options - a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and 3 d) 1 2 and 3 mark the correct ones- Wing Research and Design Center (RWR&DC) of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited 2) It will replace ageing fleet of Cheetah and Chetak helicopters used by Indian Armed 3) It is capable of flying at 220 kmph, with service ceiling of 6.5 km. Options a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and 3 d) 1 2 and 3 https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
73) Union Cabinet has decided to raise contribution of Central Government to National Pension System (NPS) corpus of its 1) Global counter terrorism coordination employees to? a) 14 per cent of basic salary & minimum employee contribution remains at 10 per cent of basic salary b) 10 per cent of basic salary & minimum employee contribution is 14 per cent of basic Which of the above statements are correct? salary c) 14 per cent of Gross salary & minimum employee contribution remains at 10 per cent of Gross salary d) 10 per cent of Gross salary & minimum employee contribution is 14 per cent of Gross salary 74) Consider the following statement about Global terror compact - compact is a non binding agreement created by G20 countries. 2) Global counter terrorism coordination compact replaced counter-Terrorism Implementation Task Force. a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
75) Consider the following statement about AVIAINDRA 1) The First edition of service specific exercise and Development Brief? AVIAINDRA between Indian Air Force and Russian Federation Aerospace Force (RFSAF)b) IMF was held at Air Force Station Jodhpur, Rajasthan c) WTO 2) The aim of this exercise is focused towards d) United Nations Conference on anti-terrorist operations in bi-lateral scenario. Trade and Development Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct 76) Which of the following orgnisations publishes 'Migration a) World Bank https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
77) Consider the following statement78) Which of the following body has about Global remittances and mark the power to notify drugs under Drugs and correct ones - 1) India continued to top in terms of receiving remittance, and was followedb) Union Health Ministry by China, the Philippine, Mexico. 2) USA is the major source countrie for d) NPPA (National Pharmaceutical remittances to India. 3) Nepal is the major destination countrie for remittances from India. Options - a) Only 1 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and 2 d) 1 2 and 3 Cosmetics Act, 1940? a) Drug Controller General Of India c) Indian Medical Council Pricing Authority) https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
81) Consider the following statement 82) Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage about Gl Tag 1) At international level, Gl is governed develop pilgrimage and heritage destinations in the by United Nation's World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) 2) In India, Gl tag Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and 1) Scheme is lauched by Ministryy of Culture. Protection Act), 1999 governs it and is | 2) Under scheme central govt provides 75% administered by Department of commerce. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) acheme aims to country. Consider the following statement about Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASAD) assistance to state governments and States have to contribute rest 25% for integrated development of infrastructure at the sites. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
87) Consider the following statement 88) UNESCO/Emir Jaber al Ahmad al about world gold trade and mark the Jaber al Sabah Prize is awarded for correct ones - 1) India is largest importer of gold in the a) Digital empowerement of persons with world. 2) China is the largest producer of gold in b) Digital empowerement of Old age the world. 3) Switzerland is the largest exporter of c) Digital empowerement of Illiterate the gold in the world. Options - a) Only 1 b) Only 2 c) 2 and 3 d) 1 2 and 3 which of the following category? disabilities people people d) Digital Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
89) Match the following: Text 1) Koodiyattam of Garhwal Himalayas. 2) Kalbelia drumming ritual of Manipur 3) Sankirtana C. Folk songs and dances of Rajasthan 4) Ramman D. Sanskrit Theatre of Kerala Options: a) 1-D, 2-C, 3-A, 4-B b) 1-D, 2-C, 3-B, 4-A c) 1-C, 2-D, 3-A, 4-B d) 1-C, 2-D, 3-B, 4-A 90) Consider the following statement about Chau Dance Subject Matter A. Ritual theatre 1) It is a semi classical Indian dance with martial, tribal and folk traditions. 2) It is generally practiced in North eastern states of India mainly Assam and Manipur. Which of the above statements are B. Dancing & correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
91) Consider the following statement about 92) Consider the following statement Maharatna, Navratna Status 1) Department for Promotion of Industry &1) Global Wage Report 2018-19 was Internal Trade; under The Ministry of Commerce and Industry grants status of Organization (ILO) an UN body working Maharatna, Navratna & Miniratna. 2) Status is granted on basis of profit made |2) As per report On average, women by enterprise; market capitalisation and share values in stock exchanges. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct about Global Wage Report 2018-19 published by International Labour on issues related with labour. are paid 34% less than men in India. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
93) Consider the following statement about National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM) was Early Warning System (RIMES) for Africa launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA), Government of Ind cyclonic storm that devastated Odisha in and mark the correct ones - 1) It focusses on creating opportunities for skllwhich of the following factor? development leading to market-based employment a) Beecause of its unusual high speed 2) It provides subsidy to urban poor i.e. interest compared to its strength subsidy of 5%-7% for setting up individual micro- b) Because of its origin in areas of enterprises0 3) The Mission is aimed at providing shelter equipped with essential services to the urban 94) Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard and Asia has termed 'Titli', the severe 2018 as 'rarest Cyclone' because of northern Bay of Bengal c) Because of its recurvature after landfall d) Because of its frequent direction omeless in a phased manner. Options a) Only 1 b) Only 2 c) Only 3 d) 1 2 and3 changes.
95) As per Zoological Survey of India's 96) Match the following: (ZSI) publication titled Faunal Diversity of Sufi Saint Biogeographic Zones: Islands of India; Site which of the following state is home to 1) Salim Chishti A. Fatehpur Sikri. more than 10% of country's fauna species? a) Kerala b) Andaman and Nicobar Islands c) Assam c) West Bengal Pilgrimage 2) Farid-ud-Din Ganj-i-Shakar B. Faridkot 3) Moin-ud-Din Chisti C. Ajmer Sharif 4) Nizam-ud-Din Aulia D. Old Delhi Options a) 1-D, 2-C, 3-A, 4-B b) 1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D c) 1-A, 2-D, 3-C, 4-B d) 1-A, 2-D, 3-B, 4-C https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
97) Sikhism is corruption of which of the 98) Which of the following option does following word? a) Disciple b) Follower c) Devotee d) Salvation not relate with Philosopher 'Shrimant Shankaradeva' a) Mahapuruxiya Dharma b) Satras c) Brajavali d) 'Pankti Bhojon https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
With 5 yr UPSC coaching experience; I wl help u get conceptual clarity of topics & their Applied Understanding to score more.