Current Affairs Practice Questions For Prelims 2019 unacademy By Prof. Akshay D Kadam https://unacademy.com/userlAkshayDKadam
31) International Solar Alliance 32) The Union Cabinet chaired by (ISA) is an alliance dedicated to the promotion of solar energy among its member Jharsuguda Airport, as "Veer Surendra countries and is headquartered at Sai Airport, Jharsuguda".Veer Surendra Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the renaming of a) New Delhi b) Chennai c) Nagpur d) Gurugram Sai is awell-known freedom fighter from which of the following state? a) Odisha b) West Bengal c) Madhya Pradesh c) Andhra Pradesh https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
33) Which of the following epic masterpiece, has been included in "Tsunamis"- BBC's list of 100 bestforeign language 1) Tsunami is generated by films and is the only film from India to Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, 34) Consider the following statements about feature in it? a) The World Of Apu b) Charulata c) Aparajito d) Pather Panchali underwater explosions, landslides, cyclonic winds, glacier calving or meteorite impacts. 2) Rate at which a wave loses its energy is inversely related to its wave length. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
35) Choose the Correct Option A) Assertion: As the ocean water depth decreases, the tsunami speed slows down. Eruption an dsubsequent landslide by R) Reasoning: The tsunami's energy flux, which of the following Volcano which is dependent on both its wave speed triggered the "Tsunami"? and wave height, remains nearly constant. a) Mount Merapi In the context of these statements, which of b) Anak Krakatoa the following is true? a. A and R both are correct and R is a correct explanation for A. b. A and R both are correct and R is NOT a correct explanation for A. c. A is correct, R is incorrect. d. A is incorrect, R is correct. 36) On 22nd December 2018, Indonesia was hit by a Tsunami. c) Mount Batur d) Mount Soputan. https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
37) Which of the following option correctly depicts the location of country 'Burundi'? a) It is located Western coastal African This year's exercise, focused on which of Country b) It is Eastern coastal African country a) Urban Counter Terrorism c) It is Central African landlocked country d) Burundi is not located in African ) Fighting maritime piracy continent. 38) India and China concluded the 'Hand-in- Hand' military exercise on 22nd December 2018 in China's Chengdu city. the following operations? b) Cross border Drug smuggling from Golden Crescent d) Maritime security of cargo ships https://unacademy.com/user/AkshayDKadam
39) Consider the following 40) The NITI Aayog has released a first-of-its-kind statements about "Winter Solstice 1) Winter Solstice marks the Consider the following statements about shortest day of the year in the Sustainable Development Goals index'" northern hemisphere. 2) After Winter Solstice the Kerala, and Tamil Nadu have been ranked on top 3 days will be longer in the Northern Hemisphere. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct b) Only 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correctb) Only 2 is correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct c) Both 1 and 2 are correct Sustainable Development Goals index released on 21st December 2018. 1) According to the SDG Index, Himachal Pradesh, positions. 2) According to the SDG Index, Assam, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh have been ranked at bottom 3 positions. Which of the above statements are correct? a) Only 1 is correct d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
43) A liquidity trap is a situation 44) The Lok Sabha has passed the Consumer Protection Bill, in which 1) Interest rates are low 2) Interest rates are high 3) Savings rates are high 4) Savings rates are low Options - a) 1 and3 b) 1 and 4 c) 2 and 3 d) 2 and 4 2018. The Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions wil be set up at District, State and National levels as per the bill passed.Consider the following statements about Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions 1) The District Commissions will have the mandate to hear complaints having claim worth one crore rupees. 2) The State Commissions' will have the mandate to hear complaints having claim above one crore rupees 1 crore rupees up to to 5 crore. 3) The National Commissions' will have the mandate to hear complaints having claim above 5 crore Options - a) Only 1 b) 2 and 3 c) 1 and 3 d) 1 2 and 3
With 5 yr UPSC coaching experience; I wl help u get conceptual clarity of topics & their Applied Understanding to score more.