MCQ Discussion on Ancient and Medieval History - 1
. Name: V.Komala Valli . Qualification: M.Tech IT Experience : 3 Years as Assistant Professor Hobbies: Reading Books, Listening Music Encourage Me : Like, Rate, Review and Share . Follow Me: https://unacademy.com/user/Komala Valli .Referral code: Komala Valli
1. The use of bow and arrow began during which of the following period? a. Paleolithic Age b. Mesolithic Age c. Neolithic Age d. Old Stone Age (
Answer: c. Mesolithic Age e After Paleolithic, the next stage of human life is called Mesolithic or Middle Stone Age which falls roughly from 10000 B.C. to 6000 B.C. o The paintings and engravings found at the rock shelters give an idea about the social life and economic activities of Mesolithic people o The hunting-gathering pattern of life continued during this period.
2. Pravahana Jaivali was a popular king of a. Videha b. Kasi c. Kurus d. Panchalas
Answer: d. Panchalas Later Vedic Period (1000 600 B.C.)
3. Find the incorrect statement from the following lines about Mahavira: a. Vardhamana Mahavira was the 24th Tirthankara of the Jain tradition. b. At the age of twenty he became an ascetic and wandered for twelve years. In the 13th year of his penance, he attained the highest spiritual knowledge called Kevala Gnana He died at died at the age of 72 at Pava near Rajagriha. c. d.
Answer: b. At the age of twenty he became an ascetic and wandered for twelve years. At the age of thirty he became an ascetic and wandered for twelve years. Lord Rishabhdev was the first Tirthankara of Jainism. Ajitanatha was the second Tirthankara of Jainism Neminatha was the twenty-second tirthankara Parshvanatha as the 23rd Tirthankaras
4. Which of the following one is correct 1. Svetambaras (whiteclad) led by Sthulabahu 2. Digambaras (Sky-clad or Naked) led by Bhadrabagu a. 1 only b. 2 only c. Both 1 and 2 d. None
Answer: c. Both 1 and 2 By the end of the fourth century B.C., there was a serious famine in the Ganges valley. Many Jain monks led by Bhadrabagu and Chandragupta Maurya came to Sravana Belgola in Karnataka. - Digambaras (Sky-clad or Naked). . Those who stayed back in north India were led by a monk named Sthulabahu who changed the code of conduct for the monks. - Svetambaras (whiteclad) . This led to the division of Jainism into two sects Svetambaras (whiteclad) and Digambaras (Sky-clad or Naked).
5. The first Jain Council was convened at Pataliputra by Sthulabahu, in the beginning of the_century B.C. a. 2nd b. 3rd c. 4th d. 5th
Answer: b. 3rd
Answer: B. 1-c2-a3-d 4-b The first Buddhist Council was held at Rajagraha under the chairmanship of Mahakasapa immediately after the death of Buddha. Its purpose was to maintain the purity of the teachings of the Buddha. . The second Buddhist Council was convened at Vaisali around 383 BC. The third Buddhist Council was held at Pataliputra under the patronage of Asoka. Moggaliputta Tissa presided over it. The final version of Tripitakas was completed in this council.
Answer: c)Kanishka o Kanishka the Great, an emperor of the Kushana dynasty in the second century( 127-150 BC) nfamous fr his century (127-150 BC) s famous for his military, political, and spiritual achievements
9. Vinayapitaka mainly deals with a. Development of sangha b. Life and teachings of Buddha c. Some aspects of ancient Indian History d. Rules and regulations of monks
Answer: d)Rules and regulations of the monks. The Tripitakas are namely the Sutta Pitaka, the Vinaya Pitaka and the Abhidhamma Pitaka. e The Sutta Pitaka contains more than 10,000 suttas (teachings) attributed to the Buddha or his close companions o Abhidhamma Pitaka - Basket of Special Doctrine" or "Further Doctrine"
10. Buddhism was found in the year a. 4th Century b. 5th Century c. 6th Century d. 7th Century
Answer: b. Cheran Senguttuvan
Answer: a. Sri Gupta Chandragupta I (320-330 A.D.)
Komala Valli V
M.Tech IT Graduate |3 years experience as Assistant Professor| Top Educator in unacademy TNPSC| Will make creative and clear notes