Deepak Chauhan Teaching since 1.5 year Hobbies : Travelling, Writing
1) Which country implemented the 'Patriot Act'? A) USA B) UK C) Canada D) Nigeria
Answer: USA To deter and Punish terrorist acts in United states and around the world. 1) Strengthen measure to prevent, detect international money laundering. 2) After september 2001 attacks this was passed. 3) Permission to law enforcement officers to search home or business without owners knowledge. 4) Allowed FBl to search telephone, email and financial records without court order.
2) How many countries have registered as member states of UNO? (2005) A) 185 B) 191 C) 196 D) 159
Answer: 191 1 )United Nations member states as of 2018 is 193 2) The United Nations Security Council has welcomed new non permanent members 1) Equatorial Guinea 2) Ivory Coast 3) Kuwait 4) Netherlands 5) Peru 6) Poland 3) Montenegro became 192nd UN member state (June 28,2006) 4) South Sudan became 193rd Member State (January 2011)
3) The month and year 'Euro' came into existence as a single European Currency is? A) January 1999 B) March 1999 C) January 2000 D) March 2000
Answer January 1,1999 On January 1, 1999 Euro became single currency of European Monetary Union adopted by 11 member States. Greece became 12th member state to adopt it on January 1, 2001
4) Which committee on National auto Fuel Policy recommended Euro ll emission norms by 2005 and Euro IIl norms by 2010 to reduce vehicular pollution, in its final report submitted on 25th September 2002? A) Mashelkar Committee B) Raja Ramanna Committee C) Korgaonkar Committee D) Kasturirangan Committee
Answer Mashelkar Committee 1) BS IlIl was implemented nationwide in 2010 and it was referred as Euro III 2) BS IV was implemented in 2016 and its only implemented in cities, not nationwide. 3) BS IV is referred as Euro Iv 4) In 2017, The Supreme Court banned the sale and registration of vehicles that don't meet the Bharat Stage-IV emission standards 5) Government will skip BS-V norms and will move towards BS VI norms by 2020.
5) United Nations declared the year 2002 as International year of? A) Ecotourism B) Womern o Cnisrel handicapped people D) Physically handicapped people
Answer: Ecotourism 2017 - International year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2018 NOT declared India urges UN to declare 2018 as 'International Year of Millets' 2019 - International Year of Indigenous Lamguages National Year of 2018 - Year of Millets ( its was requested by Karnataka)
6) Which one of the following cities can be called a Megapolis? A) Hyderabad B) Chennai C) Bangalore D) Mumbai
7) Economic Survey of India is published officially, every year by? A) RBI B) Planning Commission C) Ministry of Finance, GOi D) Ministry of Industry, GOl
Answer Andaman and Nicobar Islands Indira Point is a village in Nicobar district of Great Nicobar Island The light house which was commissioned to service on 30th April 1972, is partially submerged. But still exists so its the southern most tip of India
10) J.N.Dixit at the time of his death, was holding the position of A) Foreign Secretary B) High Commissioner of Pakistan C) National Security Adviser D) Envoy to Sri Lanka
Answer:National Security Adviser