Saumya Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Current Affairs One Liners
1. Which country has recently become a full member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)? Israel Israel has recently become a full member of the Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the global financial watchdog on money laundering, terror financing and other threats to the international financial system.
2. The government has appointed Chief Economic Advisor as the new Dr Krishnamurthy Subramanian Krishnamurthy Subramanian is one of the world's leading experts in banking, corporate governance and economic policy.
3. Who has been appointed as new SWIFT India Chairman? Arundhati Bhattacharya Arundhati Bhattacharya, former chairman of State Bank of India (SBI) has been appointed as SWIFT India Chairman. SWIFT India is a joint venture of top Indian public and private sector banks and SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication).
4. The portal 'ENSURE', which has been launched by Ministry of Agriculture for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), was developed by which organization? NABARD Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare Radha Mohan Singh launched an online portal 'ENSURE' - National Livestock Mission-EDEG developed by NABARD. The portal will be operated under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
5. Which Indian Armed Force has conducted its first-ever exercise CROSS BOW-18'? Indian Air Force (IAF) The Indian Air Force (IAF) has successfully conducted its first-of-its-kind exercise code-named CROSS BOW-18 from the Air Force Station at Suryalanka iN Andhra Pradesh.
6. Which Twitter handle has been launched by the Union Government to spread awareness about cyber crimes? @CyberDost The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has launched a Twitter account to spread awareness about cyber crimes and normal precautions to be taken. The Twitter handles - @CyberDost is aimed at enhancing people's basic knowledge about cyber crimes and precautions to be taken for prevention.
7. Which state government has recently launched a 24-hour helpline 181' for women facing harassment? Tamil Nadu The Tamil Nadu government launched a 24-hour helpline 181, for women facing domestic violence and sexual harassment at home or workplaces. Through this initiative, they can contact the toll-free helpline to get assistance ranging from police help, legal aid or medical services including ambulance.
8. Which of the following district Courts will become the first in India to accept e-payments? Pune After the approval of the Supreme Court and the Bombay High Court, a pilot project for e-payments service will be started at the Pune District Court. The facility will be available into the nazar (clerical) offices in the court, and civil lawyers can pay court fees, various fines, penalties, etc.
9. India's first owl festival was held in which city? Pune India's first owl festival was held at Pingori village in Purandar taluka of Pune from November 29. The two-day festival, organised by Ela Foundation and give information on owl conservation and feature art forms like pictures, paintings, lanterns, lamp shades, posters, origami, stitched articles, poems,etc.
Transition headline Let's start with the first set of slides