Saumya Mehra is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
Current Affairs One Liners
1. Which High Court has ordered a ban on the sale of online medicines by e-pharmacists across the country recently? Delhi High Court
was the host nation for the conference on Global Digital 2. Content Market (GDCM) 2018? India On November 14, the conference on Global Digital Content Market (GDCM) 2018 has started in New Delhi with focus on 'Asia Pacific region'. The 2-day conference will feature sessions on music, film, broadcasting and publishing, as well as collective management, emerging models and the implications for the market and policy makers.
3. Which country's national team has won the 2018 ICC Women's World Twenty-20 tournament? Australia The Australian women's national cricket team has lifted the ICC Women's World Twenty-20 title for the fourth time.
4. Who has become the first Indian golfer to win European Tour 'Rookie of the Year' Award? Shubhankar Sharma Golfer Shubhankar Sharma from Chandigarh has become the first Indiarn to win European Tour 'Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year' award.
5. Which of the following Indian organizations has won the 2018 Asia Environment Enforcement Awards? Wildlife Crime Control Bureau The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) of India and its enforcement officer RS Sharath has won the Asia Environment Enforcement Awards under the organization and individual categories respectively for their outstanding contributions in combating the trans-boundary environmental crimes.
6. Which of the following organizations has won the 2018 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development? Centre for Science and Environment Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), the New Delhi (India)-based independent research and advocacy think tank, has won the prestigious 2018 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development. The CSE has been awarded for its pioneering pioneering work over almost four decades on various burning issues from air and water pollution, food safety, waste water management, climate change and so on.
7. India's first specialized hospital for elephants has opened in which city? Mathura India's first specialized hospital for elephants has opened by NGO Wildlife SOS (WSOS) in Mathura. The first-of-its-kind hospital has unique facilities including wireless digital X-ray, laser treatment, dental X-ray, thermal imaging, etc.
8. What was the theme of the 2018 World Science Day for Peace and Development? "Science, A Human Right" The World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed every year on 10th of November to highlight the significant role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues. It also underlines the importance and relevance of science in our daily lives.
9. Which Indian city was the venue of the regional meeting of the World Customs Organization (WCO)? Jaipur The regional meeting of the World Customs Organization started in Jaipur, Rajasthan with representatives of 33 member countries of Asia attended it.
Transition headline Let's start with the first set of slides