Rajni Jha is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
UPSC PRE PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER (2018) BY RAJNI JHA
ABOUT ME: Faculty of GS in Karol Bagh, Delhi College, DU * . . Bsc Chemistry Honours from Ramjas * MA English from JMI e MA sociology MA psychology B.ed from IPU Former faculty member at paramount coaching centre *Teaching experience of five years in various prominent coaching centres
3) As per the NSSO 70th Round "Situation Assessment Survey of Agriculture Households", consider the following statements: 1. Rajasthan has the highest percentage share of agriculture households among its rural households. 2. Out of the total households in the country, a little over 60 percent being to OBCs. 3. In Kerala, a little over 60 percent of agriculture households reported to have received maximum income from sources other than agriculture activities. Which of the statements given above islare correct? 1. 2 and 3 only 2. 2 only 3. 1 and 3 only 4. 1, 2 and 3 Activate Windows
4) How is the National Green Tribunal (NGT) different from the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)? 1. The NGT has been established by an Act whereas the CPCB has been created by an executive order of the Government. 2. The NGT provides environmental justice and helps reduce the burden of litigation in the higher courts whereas the CPCB promotes cleanliness of streams and wells, and aims to improve the quality of air in the country. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? 1. 1 only 2. 2 only 3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2 Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows
5) Consider the following statements: 1. The Parliament of India can place a particular law in the Ninth Schedule of the Constitution of India 2. The validity of a law placed in the Ninth Schedule cannot be examined by any court and no judgement can be made on it. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? 1. 1 only 2. 2 only 3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2
6) Which one of the following best describes the term "Merchant Discount Rate" sometimes seen in news? . . (a) The incentive given by a bank to a merchant for accepting payments through debit cards pertaining to that bank. (b) The amount paid back by banks to their customers when they use debit cards for financial transactions for purchasing goods or services .(c) The charge to a merchant by a bank for accepting payments from his customers through the bank's debit cards. (d) The incentive given by the Government to merchants for promoting digital payments by their customers through Point of Sale (PoS) machines and debit cards.
8) With reference to India's decision to levy an equalization tax of 6% on online advertisement services offered by non-resident entities, which of the following statements islare correct? 1. It is introduced as a part of the Income Tax Act that offers advertisement services in India. 2. Non-resident entities that offer advertisement services in Indian can claim a tax credit in their home country under the "Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements" Select the correct answer using the code given below: 1. 1 only 2. 2 only 3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1nor 2 Activate Windows