Answer: Mendel selected a plant of a pea for his experiments because of:
- The flowers here in this plant were bisexual
- They follow the self-pollination process
- Cross-pollination can be effortlessly conducted in this plant
- This plant has a briefer life span
- The physical components of this plant were extremely simple to discern and comprehend
Mendel’s law of independent classification or assortment discerns that alleles of one or more various genes are categorised into gametes unassisted of each distinct. In other phrases, the allele of a single gene obtained by the gamete does not influence the obtained allele of the different genes.