The Staff Selection Committee (SSC) organises SSC Stenographer to select qualified candidates for the positions of Grade 3 and 4 stenographers in national government organisations. It is among the most highly prized government jobs, with thousands of students applying each year. Read about the SSC Stenographer exam, including the test date, hall ticket date, selection procedure, curriculum, and wage structure.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Overview
On December 5, 2022, the Staff Selection Commission may publish the SSC Stenographer 2022 announcement on its official website. The next section contains extensive information on the SSC Stenographer 2022 Recruitment.
|Name of the exam||SSC Stenographer 2022|
|Conducting by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Posts available||Grade C & D Stenographers|
|Available vacancies||1705 (2021)|
|Yet to be announced (2022)|
|Eligibility Criteria||10th, +2|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Vacancy
|Name of the post||2017||2018||2019|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||214||39||429|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1129||1434||1276|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Eligibility
Candidates must meet the qualifying requirements outlined below. It is critical to meet and comprehend the SSC Stenographer 2022 Eligibility Criteria, which include educational needs and an age restriction.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Grade C & D Age Limit:
Stenographer Grade ‘C’
The minimum age is 18 years.
30 years of age maximum
Grade ‘D’ Stenographer
The minimum age is 18 years.
Maximum Age limit: 27 years
|1||S SC/ST||5 years|
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Educational Qualification
The candidate must have completed the 12th Standard or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution of higher learning.
Only those with the necessary stenography abilities are qualified to apply.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission holds an All India Open Comprehensive Examination to fill the positions of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Level ‘D’ (Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted) in SSC Stenographer 2022. Because the SSC Stenographer Levels’ C’ and ‘D’ are two different levels, we must handle their syllabus separately.
|Tier – I||Multiple Choice Objective|
|Tier – II||Test of Ability|
Tier-1 SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Pattern
This is a computer-based objective test that will be administered online. The Tier 1 exam for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ has three portions. The following are the subject-specific details:
|S No.||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Reasoning and general intelligence||50||50||2 hours|
|3||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There is a negative marking in the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving incorrect answers to those questions will result in a 0.25 mark penalty across all sections.
- For visually impaired applicants, the exam lasts 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Except for Part III, the questions will be in English and Hindi.
- Normalisation: If the Computer Proficiency Examinations are held in various shifts, the candidates’ marks will be normalised, and the normalised patterns will be utilised to establish final merit.
Stenography Skill Test for Stenographer Grades ‘C’ and ‘D’
Only candidates who achieve the minimum scores in the Written Test as stipulated by the Board will be invited to the Skill Test. It may also set qualifying marks for each section of the Written Exam.
The ability test will be of the qualifying variety. The candidates will be required to take the stenography test. Candidates will receive one 10-minute dictation in English or Hindi at a rate of 100 w.p.m. for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The information will only be transcribed on a computer. The transcription will only be evaluated online.
|S. No.||Name of the post||Language Of Skill Test||Time Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
Candidates who choose to take the Stenography Examination in Hindi will be expected to study English Stenography. Conversely, after their appointment, their probation will be terminated by the appointing departments.
Candidates must operate as English/Hindi stenographers following the functional requirements of the User Office, regardless of the medium of the candidate’s Skill Test during the examination.
Document Verification of SSC Stenographer 2022 Vacancy
At the time of verification, candidates will be asked to present all original documents. Candidates will be asked to provide detailed alternatives for numerous roles and departments online or during document verification.
SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Final Selection
The final selection and distribution of Ministries/Departments would be based on applicants’ performance in the Computer Proficiency Examination, and their preference of Posts/Departments expressed during Document Verification (DV).
Important Points for SSC Stenographer 2022
- If applicants do not specify the medium of Stenography in the Registration Form, the Commission presumes English as the main subject for stenographer for such candidates.
- There are no exceptions to the aptitude tests for any applicant group.
- Candidates who want to take the Stenography Exam in Hindi would be compelled to learn English Stenography after being hired.
- For the Stenographer Grade ‘D,’ VH applicants will be needed to record the material in 75 minutes for English Generic term and 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand, and in 70 minutes for English Generic term and 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand.
- The skill exam will be held in the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional, and provincial offices or other Locations as the Commission deems appropriate.
- Candidates summoned for the Skill Test will get detailed instructions from the Commission’s respective Regional/Sub Regional Offices.