Online Practice MCQs from NCERT Class 6 History LESSON: 02
About Me: AnnaParameshwari Srinivasan, B.Sc. Information Technology Gold Medalist from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University A creative being, interested in learning and trying something new Has 3 years of job experience in various fields like content curation, Technical SEO on-page optimisation, Anchoring, Copywriting, Manual testing etc. Now a UPSC aspirant & also an Educator in Unacademy https://unacademy.com/user/annaparameshwaritvl
1. A blue or sea green color shiny object made of sand or powdered quartz is called as A. Porcelain B. Ceramic C. Enamel D. Faience
Answer: Option D A gum is used to shape sand or powdered quartz into blue or sea green colour shiny objects is called Faience Used to make beads, bangles, earrings & tiny vessels & also spindle whorls to spin thread.
2. Veda that has prayers for cattle, children & horses A. Rig B. Yajur C. Sama D. Atharva
Answer: Option A There were prayers in Rig veda for cattle, children & Horses. Battles were fought for cattle, land, growing crops, water & for people.
3. Which of the following utensil is mentioned in the book as used by the people in janapadas? A. B. C. D. Northern Black polished ware vessels Black & Red painted ware vessels Painted grey ware vessels None of the above.
Answer: Option C Painted grey ware vessels used by Janapadas Black & red ware culture prevailed before it Northern Black polished ware vessels used by Mahajanapadas.
4. Choose the statement which is INCORRECT I. Il. Most of the Mahajanapadas, had a fortified capital city. Rajas of Rig Vedic Period collected taxes and maintained armies. Options A. I only B. Il only C. Both I & II D. Neither I nor lI
Answer: Option B Mahajanapadas has fortified city, collected taxes & maintained armies. Rajas of Rig Vedic Period never collected taxes & there was no regular army.
5. Which Nanda king extended his control upto northwestern part of the subcontinent? A. Ugrasena B. Panduka C. Rashtrapala D. Dhana
Answer: Option A Ugrasena other name of Mahapadma Nanda. Mahapadma Nanda extended his control upto northwestern part of the subcontinent
Answer: Option C
8. In which later vedic texts, ideas were presented in simple dialogue format? A. Aranyakas B. Brahmanas C. Upanishads D. None of the above
9. The Buddhist Sangha rules were written in A. Vinaya Pitaka B. Suddha Pitaka C. Abhidhamma Pitaka D. None of the above
Answer: Option A The Vinaya (Pali and Sanskrit, literally meaning "leading out", "education "discipline") is the regulatory framework for the sangha or monastic community of Buddhism based on the canonical texts called the Vinaya Pitaka.
10. Which of the following god has not received much prominence in Rig Veda? A. Agni B. Indra C. Soma D. Vishnu
Answer: Option D Vishnu, Rudra etc. who are the prominent gods of later Hinduism had not received much attention in the Rig Vedic Period.
InfoTech Graduate | Gold Medalist | Creative Being | A UPSC Aspirant | Wish to make Learning simple & interesting also unforgettable :-)