All idioms asked in SSC-CGL from 2000- 2016.
Already discussed Idioms... Cook someone's goose Be on the breadline To toe the line With bells on Off at a tangent Get the sack
35. Bone to pick To create dispute or quarrel No one likes her because of her bone to pick quality.
36. To call it a day To stop working, either at one's job or on a part icular task, for the rest of the day. When we still couldn't find the sourceof the dis crepancy, we decided to call it a day and revisit i t tomorrow
37. Beating around the bush Avoiding the topic The politician was beating around the bush when citizens demanded a reason for scam.
38. Once in a blue moon Something that happens very rarely. Once in a blue moon, I get to spend time with my family.
39. Chip on your shoulder When someone is upset about something that happened a while ago. -He has a chip on his shoulder for being abandoned by his friends in school days.
40. Touch and go Extremely uncertain or risky It was touch and go after the surgery; we were not sure he'd survive it.