Current Affairs 14th July 2018
Target Audience SBI, IBPS, RRB PO/Clerk and SSC Aspirants
Mrityunjay Kumar . Cracked IBPS PO Twice . Ex PNBian . Former Scale 1 Officer at MBGB JAIIB
1. Ministry of Mines Organized 4th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals i. The Ministry of Mines organized the 4th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals at Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan was the chief guest of the conclave. ii. For the first time, the conclave had an exhibition in which States put up stalls to showcase their more than 100 mineral blocks which have been prepared to be put up on auctions during 2018-19.
2. Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation Launches 'Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 i. The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation launches the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 (SSG 2018) in the Delhi. An independent survey agency will conduct the survey in all districts and the results will be announced in the form of a ranking of all districts and states on the basis of quantitative and qualitative sanitation parameters ii. The objective of SSG 2018 is to undertake a ranking of states and districts on the basis of their performance attained on key quantitative and qualitative SBM-G parameters
3. ASI Lifts Ban On Photography At Protected Monuments i. The Archaeological Survey of India decided to allow photography within the premises of all centrally protected monuments/sites. ii. However, the 3 monuments/sites in which the photography would not be permitted are Ajanta Caves and Leh Palace having paintings, and Mausoleum of Taj Mahal, Agra.
4. Integrated Indian Visa Application Centre Inaugurated In Bangladesh i. A new integrated state-of-the-art integrated Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC) was jointly inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh and his Bangladeshi counterpart Asaduzzaman Khan at Dhaka's Jamuna Future Park. ii. Rajnath Singh is presently in Bangladesh on a three-day visit. He also inaugurated the Bangladesh-lndia Friendship building in Bangladesh Police Academy in Sardah.
5. Sushma Swaraj Embarks 2-Day Visit To Manama i. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj embarked on a two-day visit to Manama, to co-chair the second High Joint Commission meeting with her Bahraini counterpart ii. During the visit, Mrs Swaraj will inaugurate the new Chancery building complex and address the Indian community. She will also hold meetings with the political leadership
6. Haryana Top State In Per Capita Revenue Collection Under GST i. Haryana has topped other states in per capita revenue collection under GST and is also the fourth highest generator of e-way bills in the country. The Finance Minister of Haryana Capt. Abhimanyu claimed Haryana has widened the tax base by 82.22% and logged 19% hike in revenue collections. ii. About 1.12 crore e-way bills were generated in Haryana between April 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018, catapulting the state to the position of 4th highest generator of e-way bills in the country
7. PM Lays Foundation Stone For Various Development Projects In Varanasi i. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated or laid the foundation stone of important projects, cumulatively worth over Rs. 900 crore in Varanasi. Among the projects inaugurated are the Varanasi City Gas Distribution Project and the Varanasi-Ballia MEMU train. ii. The foundation stone was laid for the Panchkoshi Parikrama Marg and several projects under the Smart City Mission and Namaami Gange. The Prime Minister also laid the Foundation Stone for an International Convention Centre in Varanasi. He also laid the Foundation Stone of the 340 km long Poorvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh lii. He also dedicated the Bansagar Canal Project to the Nation in Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh. This project will provide a big boost to irrigation in the region, and will be grea beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh
Qualified IBPS PO examination twice, EX PNBian, Former Scale 1 Officer of Madhya Bihar Grameen Bank and JAIIB.