MOHAMMED RAYAAN Engineering Student (JNTU,Telangana) lAS aspirant Like to share the knowledge I have. Enrol, share , Like the courses. Follow me on Unacademy https:/lunacademy.com/user/Rayaan
TELANGANA GEOGRAPHY FOR TSPSC POLICE AND FOREST EXAMS VRO EXAM AND ALL TELANGANA STATE EXAMS
AGRICULTURE Agriculture plays a vital role in the economy of a state. The share of agriculture to state GSDP is around 95-10% .Telangana state is endowed with bountiful resources having good soils, diversified cropping pattern and major irrigation systems fed by river Godavari and Krishna.
Of the total geographical area of the state, 43.20% is under cultivation. . The average size of land holdings in the state is 1.12 hectares, which is highly uneconomical to operate. In the state, 62% of the holdings are marginal(< 1 hectare) and percentage of small holding (1 to 2hectares) is 23.9%. Thus marginal and small holding together constitutes to 85.9%, which makes agriculture a subsistence source of livelihood for the majority of population. . 0-
The average size of land holding is highest in Adilabad district(1.40hectare) and lowest in Nizamabad district(0.92 hectare.)
AGRO-CLIMATIC ZONES OF TELANGANA An Agro-climatic zone is a land resource mapping unit,defined in terms of climate,land form and soils and having a specific range of potentials and constraints for land use. Based on rainfall, type of soils and cropping pattern, etc., the State is divided into four agro-climatic zones
They are 1)Northern Telangana Zone 2) Central Telangana Zone 3) Southern Telangana Zone 4) High altitude and Tribal zon
NORTHERN TELANGANA ZONE: It includes Nizamabad, Adilabad, Karimnagarspreading over a geographical area of 35.5 sq km -Annual Rainfall is 900 mm to 1150 mm Temperature is 21 to 25 degree celsius minimum and 32 to 37 maximum - Red soils are predominant -Rice, maize, soyabeen ,cotton, red gram are major crops
CENTRAL TELANGANA ZONE It includes medak,warangal and khammam Rainfall is between 800 to 1150 mmm Temperature is between 21 to 25 degree celsius minimum and 22 to 37 maximum -Red soils are predominant -cotton,rice,maize, green gram, mango are important crops
HIGH ALTITUDE AND TRIBAL ZONE It includes Northern and Eastern borders of Adilabad and Khammam - It spreads over 4.66 sq km -Rainfall is 1400 mm -Red sandy soils,Red loams with clasy base Chilly, rice, cotton and horticultural crops
COMMERCIAL CROPS * Oil Seeds: Telangana is one of the importantstates in the country which grows oil seed crop like Groundnut, Seasamum, Soyabean, Sunflower and Castor etc. Oil seed crop is predominantly grown in Mahabubnagar, Adilabad and Nizamabad districts. These contribute nearly 74.5% of total production.
GROUNDNUT Groundnut is one of the important oilseed crops in Telangana It is largely grown in Mahabubnagar, Warangal and Nalgonda districts, they together accounted for 84.5% of total cultivation. . Mahabubnagar alone accounts for 60% of production.
SUGARCANE Sugarcane is an important commercial crop in the state. It is mainly grown as irrigated crop. ADSALI variety crop which is grown only in Nizamabad district and it is a long duration crop of more than one year sown in the month of DecemberlJanuary and harvested in February/march of the succeeding year. Medak, Nizamabad and Khammam districts together accounted for 85.45% of total cultivation area.
ADILABAD KOMARAM B HEEM NIRMAL JL AGITYA NIZAMABAD PEDDAPALLE KARIMNAGAR JAYASH ANKAR KAMAR EDDY SIDDIPET MEDAK WARANGAL KOTHAGUDEMM SANGAREDDY YADADRI RABA RANGAREDDY KHAMMAM SHAMSHABAD NALGONDA MAHABUBNAGAR NAGARKURNOOL WPARTHY ANA