Sign up now
to enroll in courses, follow best educators, interact with the community and track your progress.
Download
126-150:MCQS based on class 6 Geography NCERT
0

More
In this lesson, Rahul Agrawal has covered important Chapters of Class 6 Geography NCERT through Important MCQs

Rahul Agrawal
The Ultimate Doubt Destroyer on Unacademy. One of the Top Educator on the Unacademy platform. Famous for Doubt destroyer series.

U
Unacademy user
  1. 126. From which of the following countries do the Prime Meridian pass through? 1. France 2. Spain 3. Algeria Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 and 3 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) All of the above


  2. Solution: (d) Prime Meridian passes through U.K, France, Spain, Algeria, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Ghana, Ashantiland Peninsula and Queen Maud Land in Antarctica.


  3. 127. Consider the following statements: 1. Sketches and plans are drawn to scale. 2. A plan is based on memory. Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2


  4. Solution: (d) A sketch is a drawing mainly based on memory, spot observation and not to scale. A plan is a drawing of a small area on a large scale. It is drawn to scale.


  5. 128. Consider the following statements: 1. All meridians of longitude form great circles. 2. Equator is the only latitude that is a great circle. Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2


  6. Solution: (c) A great circle is one that pass through the circumference of the Earth and can divide the Earth into two equal halves. All meridians of longitude are semi circles or half of a great circle Equator is the only latitude that is a great circle.


  7. 129. With reference to commerce, which is the busiest ocean? (a) Pacific ocean (b) Atlantic ocean (c) Indian ocean (d) Arctic ocean


  8. Solution: (b) Atlantic ocean is the busiest ocean with reference to commerce because of its natural harbors and its linkage to North America, South America, Europe and Africa.


  9. 130. Consider the following statements: 1. 99 percent of atmosphere is made up of nitrogen and oxygen. 2. Carbon dioxide is the third most abundant gas in the Earth's atmosphere. Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2


  10. Solution: (a) The atmosphere is composed of 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen together making 99% of the Earth's atmosphere. Out of the remaining 1%, Argon is the most abundant gas or the third most abundant gas in the Earth's atmosphere.


  11. 131. Through which of the following countries Ural mountains pass through? 1. Russia 2. Finland 3. Kazakhstan 4. Belarus Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1, 2 and 3 only (b) 2, 3 and 4 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) All of the above


  12. Solution: (c) Ural mountains forming the natural divide between Europe and Asia passes through Russia and Kazakhstan only.


  13. Solution: (a) Gulf of Aden is a gulf located in the Arabian Sea between Somalia and Yemen.


  14. 134. River Nile drains into? (a) Red Sea (b) Indian Ocean (c) Mediterranean Sea (d) Gulf of Aden


  15. 135. Luzon island is a part of? (a) Japan (b) Philippines (c) South America (d) Vietnam


  16. Solution: (b) Mt. Mayon, which is an active volcano is located in Luzon island in the Philippines.


  17. 136. Consider the following statements: 1. North Line is a line that marks the North direction. 2. There are four cardinal points on a map. Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2


  18. O Solution: (b) North Line is an arrow with a letter N written on top right corner which marks the North direction. Four cardinal points on the map are North, South, West and East.


  19. Solution: (a) Malacca strait is one of the important shipping lanes of the world and connects Pacific ocean and Indian ocean.


  20. 138. From which of the following countries do the Arctic Circle pass through? 1. Norway 2. Denmark 3. Iceland Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 1 and 2 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) All of the above C) L arn


  21. 139. Consider the following pairs: Desert 1. Great Sandy desert Australia 2. Kalahari desert 3. Taklamakan Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 only (c) 2 and 3 only (d) All of the above Region Botswana China


  22. 140. Consider the following statements: 1. Caspian Sea is the largest salt water lake in the world. 2. It is located between Europe and Asia. Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2


  23. Solution: (c) Caspian is the largest salt water lake in the world and it is located between Europe and Asia.


  24. 141. Which of the following rivers forms the great lakes of USA? 1. Lake Superior 2. Lake Huron 3. Lake Winnipeg 4. Lake Erie Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1, 2 and 3 only (b) 1 and 2 only (c) 1, 2 and 4 only (d) All of the above


  25. Solution: (c) There are five lakes that are called the Great Lakes of USA, namely, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Mnemonic: HOMES


  26. Solution: (a) Angel falls are the highest waterfalls in the world on Orinoco river in South America Victoria falls are on Zambezi river in Africa


  27. 143. Which of the following constitute Latin America? 1. South America 2. Mexico 3. Central America 4. West Indies Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 and 3 only (b) 1, 3 and 4 only (c) 2, 3 and 4 only (d) All of the above


  28. Solution: (a) It is the most prominent of a series of parallel ridges that arc through Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram and Burma. The Arakan Mountains run from Cape Negrais in the south in to the Manipur State of India in the north. They include the Naga Hills, the Chin Hills, and the Patkai range which includes the Lushai Hills. These mountains are submerged in the Bay of Bengal for a sufficiently long stretch and emerges again in the form of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.


  29. 146. Which of the following rivers forms the natural boundary between USA and Mexico? (a) San Joaquin river (b) Columbia river (c) Rio Grande river (d) Colorado river


  30. Solution: (c) Rio Grande river forms the natural boundary between USA and Mexico.


  31. Solution: (c) Saturn is the least dense planet in the Solar system.


  32. 149. Rotation is fastest along? (a) Equator (b) Tropic of Cancer (c) Tropic of Capricorn (d) Poles


  33. 150. Consider the following statements: 1. Maps show the actual distance on ground 2. Small scale maps give more information than large scale maps. Select the correct answer using the code given below: (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2


  34. Solution: (a) Maps are drawn reduced to scale and they show the actual distance on ground Small scale show large areas in less details and large scale maps show small maps in great detail. Hence, large scale maps are more informative than small scale maps.