Wedding Anniversary and Marriage Anniversary both refer to the yearly celebration of a couple’s anniversary. Technically, they are the same, but people tend to use them differently in different ways. Wedding Anniversary is more common in western countries, while marriage anniversary is mainly used by Asians and Arabs.
Wedding anniversaries are celebrated on the same day of the year as the date of marriage. On this day, couples are supposed to renew their vows and enjoy a short trip together. The celebration can be in the form of renewing vows or an anniversary party with friends and family.
Significance of Wedding Anniversary
On wedding anniversary, partners remember the joyfulness and happiness that they shared on their wedding night. They take some time off from their daily schedule and spend it together. In India, people exchange gifts to mark marriage anniversaries.
How is the Wedding Anniversary celebrated ?
Some people celebrate on multiple days by having a small get-together with close friends and family. Others prefer to have a small party at home followed by a romantic dinner at a restaurant or even an exotic vacation together.
Where is the Wedding Anniversary celebrated?
Wedding anniversaries are usually celebrated in the couple’s home country. Some people also choose to travel to their favorite holiday destination for this occasion. It is also common to have a special wedding anniversary party with friends and family in a different country. The guests can receive a nice gift or even (if you are the bride) treat you to something different each year. For example, if you love traveling, choose your next anniversary for a sightseeing tour instead of a trip back to your home country.
Marriage anniversaries are usually celebrated in the couple’s home country and there is not much difference from the usual birthday celebrations on this day. The main difference between the two anniversaries is that marriage anniversaries happen on the same day each year, while weddings usually take place after the first few years of marriage. On your wedding anniversary, most couples usually go out for a nice dinner and enjoy a day on the town.
Significance of Marriage Anniversary
Marriage anniversaries are usually celebrated on the same day of the week as the date of marriage. In most cases, people have a bit of a rest from their hectic schedules, and spend some time together with family and friends.
Difference between Wedding and Marriage Anniversary
1) Wedding Anniversary: It is common to celebrate a couple’s Wedding Anniversary on the same date of the year as the date of the marriage. On this day, married couples usually renew their wedding vows because people wish to see that they have a happy and healthy life together.
2) Marriage Anniversary: On this day, couples usually do not renew their marriage vows because they are married for years already. In some cases, men and women never get divorced and stay together until death separates them in life.
3) The significance is more important on Wedding anniversary than Marriage anniversary where people try to recreate their honeymoon again on that significant day.
4) On wedding anniversaries, people celebrate the wedding; on marriage anniversaries, it is usually celebrated by the couple’s children and friends.
5) Most people who celebrate a marriage anniversary try to renew their vows as they wish to have a happy marriage throughout their life.
It is important to remember your wedding anniversary and celebrate this day with your partner. Remember that honeymoon as it will help in developing a strong relationship between you and your spouse. It will remind you of the good times that you spent together and encourage you to try new things. The significance of a wedding anniversary is great because it shows that a couple has been able to stay married for years. Most people who celebrate an anniversary do so to spend a day together with their loved ones and friends.