Chetan Mna is teaching live on Unacademy Plus
INTELLIGENCE BUREAU ASSISTANT CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE OFFICER 2014 -15 SOLVED QUESTION PAPER Presented by Chetan
3. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION Tier/Mode of Description of examination Total examinationn Time Marks(minutes) Written Exam Objective type MCQs, divided into 4 parts containing 25 questions of 1 marks each on: a) General Awareness b) Quantitative aptitude c) Logical/analytical ability d) English language. Descriptive type: a) Essay on one of the given Tier-I 100 60 Tier- topics (30 marks), & 50 60 b) English comprehension & pr cis writing (20 marks).
31. (7+14+21+28.+200) is equal to: 35350- ANSWER 42714 49420 56707 Explanation: Since it is an Arithmetic Progression, So Sum of series of AP. Sn-(Last term +first term) No. of terms 2 = (700 7)* 100/2-35350 32. In a group of 5 persons, P is taller than Q, but is shorter than both R and S. Both R and T are taller than Q, but shorter than S. This implies that R is taller than P, but shorter than T/ R T is taller than Q, but shorter than R/ T R is taller than Q, but shorter than T/ R S is taller than T while P is shorter than R/ SANSWER Explanation: According to question, S>R/T>P>Q 33.In a group of Army Officers, 02% of Officers neither take Coffee nor Tea, while rest of them take either Tea or Coffee or both. If 60% of Officers take Tea, while 58% take Coffee, what percentage of Officers take Tea but do not take Coffee? Explanation: A) 60 (B) 58 (AUB)=98. (A ) ? ((A) who drinks tea 02% 20% 4096-ANSWER 60% n(B)- who drinks coffee) So, n(AUB)(A)(B)-n(An B) Therefore, n(An B) 60 -9s -20 g to question, n(A)-n(AnB) 60 20-40 (people who drink only tea but not coffee)
34. The original name of Ho Chi Minh, the President of the Vietnam Democratic Republic, was Nguyen Van Thanh which he later changed to Ho Chi Minh before becoming the President. The literal meaning of Ho Chi Minh is He Who Leads He Who Fights He Who Enlightens ANSWER He Who Protects 35. In which year, Mahatama Gandhi travelled to Champaran in Bihar to inspire the peasants to struggle against the oppressive plantation system? 1914 1915 1916 1917- ANSWER 36. With which objective, CR Das and Motilal Nehru formed the Swaraj Party within the Congress? Forge Hindu-Mu Participate in elections to the provincial council - ANSWER slim unity Organise legislative protests against Rowlat
37. The industrial working class did not participate in the Civil Disobedience Movement in large numbers, except in Nagpur region - ANSWER Madras region Surat region Calcutta region 38. Dr B R Ambedkar clashed with Mahatma Gandhi at the 2nd Round Table Conference demanding Reservation for Dalits in Government jobs Reservation for Dalits in Ministries Separate citizen status for Dalits Separate Electorate for Dalits - ANSWER 39. A scene of wrestling match in Bombay's Hanging Gardens was shot by Harishchandra Bhatwadekar, & it became India's first movie. It was shot in the year 1896 ANSWER 1907 1913 1925
40.Which famous leader once said, "we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters: how you live, the noise you make, how you spit...'" Adolf Hitler, Germany Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Mussolini, Italy Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore ANSWER 41. Who brought the printing Press for the first time to India in the mid-16th century? Dutch cloth merchants British traders Portuguese Missionaries - ANSWER Arab manuscript writers 42. Measures in India to impose censorship on printed material were initiated in 1798 by the East India Company. It was directed against Bengali social reformers Englishmen in India - ANSWER Bengali writers Indian Princely States
43. Munshi Premchand was born in 1880 and died in the year 1936. His best-known literary work, Godan (The Gift of Cow) was published in 1920 1934 1936- ANSWER 1942 44. The caste-system during early Vedic age prohibited Inter caste dining Inter caste marriages Both None of these ANSWER 45. In which year, Thums Up, one of India's great brands, which was sold to Coca-Cola a few years ago, was launched? 1947 1958 1979 ANSWER 1991 Explanation: Few websites claim the launch in the year 1977, hence the most appropriate option comes out to be (3).
46.Which among the below mentioned Upper Palaeolithic places in India is wrongly matched with the state it is located in? Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh Betamcherla, Andhra Pradesh Inamgaon, Maharashtra Singh Bhumi, Himachal Pradesh ANSWER 4Z. Kalidasa's 'Kumarasambhavam' describes the story of the birth of which mythological character? Sanatkumar Explanation: All the options are rightly matched except (4). Singh Bhumi is in Bihar. Kartikeya ANSWER Pradyumna Abhimanyu 48.Where and when was the 2nd Buddhist Council held? Patliputra in 250 BC Sri Lanka in the lst century BC Vaishali in 383 BC - ANSWER Mandalay in 1871 AD
49. In which among the following cases, the Supreme Court of India propounded the theory of basic structure of the Constitution? Gopalan vs. State of Madras Golak Nath Keshvanand Bharati ANSWER Minerva Mills 50. The 52nd amendment to the Constitution of India is most closely related to Extention of Reservation in Government jobs Provision for special status to Tripura Provisions for increasing age of eligiblity for voting Provisions against political defections - ANSWER 51.Which among the following political party of India has an election symbol very similar to the election symbol of Republican Party of USA? Samajwadi Party Bahujan Samaj Party - ANSWER Janta Dal (United) Telugu Desam Party Political Party Samajwadi Party BahujanSamaj Party symbol Cycle Elephant Janta Dal Lanterm Republican Party of USA has election Symbol comprises of a Donkey and an Elephant, hence it closely resembles to Bahujan Samaj Party's election symbol. So, the Ansver-(2) Telugu Desam Party Bieycle
52. How many members, the President of India can nominate to Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha, respectively? 12,2 2,12 - ANSWER 2,10 10,2 53.Which among the following amendments to the Constitution of India, designated Delhi as National Capital Territory (NCT)? 63rd Amendment Act 69th Amendment Act ANSWER 74th Amendment Act 76th Amendment Act 54. On 29 August 1947, the Drafting Committee for Indian Constitution was appointed, with Dr B. R. Ambedkar as the Chairman along with six other members. Who among the following was not the member of the Drafting Committee? N. Gopalaswami Ayengar Jawahar Lal Nehru - ANSWER Kanaivalal Maneklal Munshi Alladi Krishnaswamy lyer Explanation: Members of Drafting committee were B.R Ambedkar (Chairman). Kanaiyalal Menaklal Munshi. Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer, N. Gopalaswami Ayengar, Pandit Gobind Ballabh Pant, B. L Mitter, and D P Khaitan. Clearly, Jawahar Lal Nehru was not the part of the drafting committee