MOCK TEST-POLITY PRELIMS 2019 PRactice Tests BY:NAVDEEP KAUR
1. Which of the following are included in the Basic Structure of the Constitution? Welfare state 3. Federal character of the Constitution Select the correct answer using the code given below. (a) 1 only (b) 1 and 3 only (c) 2 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
2. Which among these legislations of the Parliament of the United Kingdom effectively legitimized the election of Indians to the various legislative councils in India for the first time? (a) Indian Councils Act, 1892 (b) Indian Councils Act, 1861 (c) Government of India Act, 1858 (d) None
3. Which of the following constitutes the fundamental duties under Article 51A of the constitution? 1. To protect monuments, places and objects of artistic or historic interest which are declared to be of national importance. 2. To value and preserve the rich heritage of the country's composite culture. 3. To develop scientific temper and to abjure violence 4. To pay taxes. 5. To protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures. (a) 2 only. (b) 2, 3 and 5 only. (c) 3 and 5 only (d)1,2,5 ONLY
4. Following are the statements regarding Article 19 of the constitution. 1. The right to carry on a business also includes the right to close it any time the owner likes 2. The Right to Information (RTI) is implicit under the freedom of expression under Article 19. 3. The movement of habitual offenders and prostitutes can be restricte(d) ldentify the correct statements (a) Only 1. (b) 1&2 only (c) 283 only. (d) 1,2&3.
5. Which of the following is/are correct about the basic structure of the Indian constitution? (a) The basic structure of the Constitution is mentioned in the constitution (b) The basic structure of the Constitution can be abrogated by a constitutional amendment. (c) Secularism is part of the basic structure of the Constitution (d) None of the above